“Road trip with dog”

Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pittston
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I booked a room here last-minute because we needed a place to stop for the night. I wasn't expecting much for the price and was pleasantly surprised to find an exceptionally clean hotel with very friendly and helpful staff who treated my dog like royalty! The room was cleaner than a lot of much pricier hotels, the sweet lady at the front desk was genuinely nice and helpful and showered my dog with attention, the free breakfast went far beyond continental, and we got goodie bags for us and our pup! Yes it's not brand-new but it's in great condition and you can see quite clearly the people who work there really care about the property and work hard to maintain it. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Christina_Marrero, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear IK1611,

570-655-1234

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I am staying at this hotel for a month for my work. Room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The staff has been super friendly and generous to all of our guys here from out of town. After my first two weeks day I used to shuttle to go to the airport and realized I lost my phone somewhere along the way. Staff at hotel went above and beyond to look for my phone transport it to the airport and get it to security so I could get it. Saveed my whole weekend. Thank you so much to Aaron and the rest of the girls plus shuttle driver for getting me my phone. I highly recommend this place. I look forward to going back for another 2 weeks day on Monday.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Christina_Marrero, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear A7307MWmarkf,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Hotel was clean, but dated. The bed is my biggest complaint.. not comfortable at all. Fix the bed and the hotel would have gotten a better rating however the room was actually nice, very spacious. We had one bed. The AC unit was loud, but very cold otherwise. Staff very nice and friendly. The hotel is literally next door to a Huge Walmart and other food choices. The strip mall next door is very nice. Liquor store is close and also the casino is a 15 min ride away.. which is very nice... we ate at Bar Louie. Overall, fix the terrible bed, and the this hotel is a winner. There is no pool,,,, (sorry kids) but a small fitness center. I walked several laps around the Walmart parking lot, which is well lit and appeared to be pretty safe. The breakfast was basic....
I would stay here again based on location, price and staff.

Room Tip: If you can get a lower level room, go for it. The elevator was slower than slow....
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear kdcarr,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I do apologize about the ac being extremely loud and the bed being uncomfortable for you. I will be talking to the maintenance supervisor to get these issues fixed as soon as possible.

Again, thank you so much for staying with us and we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped at the Comfort Inn Pittston on our trip to Montreal. All of our Motorcoach stops are chosen by our tour company.
One thing that made this hotel stand out from others we stayed at, the excellent customer service provided by Stephanie! Upon arrival, she came out to our Motorcoach to greet us and had everyone's room keys. She also told us about the local casino, which is a short drive & restaurant options. She was very polite, professional and a real Sweetie! There is a Wal-Mart that adjoins the property & a Pilot Truck Stop across the street for fueling. Some of the passengers shopped & I drove a small group to the casino to eat & gamble. Like the previous poster said, the breakfast area was small for our group of 43. The breakfast entrees were normal for a hotel.
My room was very clean & my bed comfy......

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear jlgood50,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Very conveniently located near multiple places to eat and Walmart. The only problems I have were the hard beds and small breakfast area. I can sleep anywhere but the bed was so hard even with pillows my lower back hurts. We came on a bus trip so I don't recommend this place for large groups over 20 if you desire to eat: we all are eating at about the same time because of our schedule.
Friendly workers. Also there is only 1 small elevator and of course we were on the top floor.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Christina_Marrero, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Tamara P,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I do apologize about the bed being extremely uncomfortable. We are in the process of getting all brand new mattresses.

Again, thank you so much for your valuable time and feedback we really appreciate it. I hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittston
7.6 km away
Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena
#12 of 20 in Wilkes-Barre
8.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East

Been to Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport? Share your experiences!