“Disgusting management”

The Wooden Keg Tavern
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Pottsville
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

The boneless chicken served RAW! I feel sick to my stomach. The lovely staff contacted the manger and she would only comp the under cooked and raw chicken. The total bill cost under $30 dollar. WOW, what horrible management! Let's serve RAW food to our customers and make them pay for it. Do not eat here unless you have a death wish

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This old building houses an old school bar and eatery, eclectic and fun. Menu extensive, great beer. Had shrimp, crab with pasta, pasta had to be 12 + ounces.
Friends raved about burgers. Don't sit by dumb waiter, stuff falls off and can hit you. Happened to my wife. That said, this place is great.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

But could be better. My wife's portion of fish and chips was huge. And overall was very good though the French fries were a bit soft. I had the crab cakes but found them needing a bit more seasoning, they just did not have the flavor I would have expected. I ordered a beer on tap, but it was bad. I gave it back for bottled beer. That was much better. Apparently it was a new keg and the carbonation wasn't quite right. Overall, it was a good meal, but not quite up to expectations.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

My boyfriend and I took a trip to Centralia, PA but stayed in Pottsville for the night. A block away was the Wooden Keg Tavern and since we both love wings and beer we decided to give it a try. It was a Sunday night so they had a wing special - lucky us. The place was pretty empty so our food and drinks came fast. We had three different flavors of wings - Lager BBQ, Key West Parm and Louisianna Garlic. They were all very tasty,but I prefer mine a bit more on the crispy side. We both had two different layered beers which all included Yuengling - once again all were very good. The waitress was very friendly as was the bartender. We ended up finding a pretty good restaurant in a little town and would recommend going there is you are in the area.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

The bar/restaurant definitely had character. It is Irish themed but only a few Irish options. We found opportunities with overall cleanliness. The bathrooms were out of soap, not very clean and smelled. The food was average, portions were big and the service was mediocre. Staff was friendly but not professional. I would return again for drinks but probably not a meal.