“Last resort if you don't have a tent.”
Review of Olde Amish Inn

Olde Amish Inn
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Place is run down. Beds must have been since Washington first visited. Carpets old and dirty and full of stains.
If anyone else is sold out, do yourself a favor and drive a little longer in order to find a suitable place to stay.
The only good thing about Olde Amish Inn, there isn't one.

Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Came up for the PA RENN FAIRE but could not get a room at my usual place. This motel is right on the road and you can see a farm across the parking lot but it felt like we where actually in the parking lot for La Qunita Inn- a larger motel that shares the same driveway. The beds were comfy and the room was okay. It could have been cleaner-there was lots of dust etc in the drawers and bags from previous guests. Cobwebs in corners and the freezer had mold on the rubber seal; fridge was not cold enough-seemed to be a problematic combo. Flat screen TV was great, though! The front desk staff was very pleasant. All ready knew not to expect much for the breakfast so we ate in. Okay stay for a quick weekend.

Room Tip: rooms on the ground floor in the back are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2012 via mobile

The hotel is outdated, but clean. Nothing fancy. We didn't notice much Amish. We were jet-lagged, coming from the West Coast, so the vacuum running at 9 am (6 am our time) down the hallway was rather annoying.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 30 September 2012

It was Labor Day weekend; I planned to take our kids to the Amish Country farms. I was particularly looking for a place in the middle of farms but all farmhouses were taken. I googled this place Olde Amish Inn and found it to be right next to the farms. They had rooms available. I thought for a moment there, why they had more than one vacant room when all other places were full? But I took a chance. We got to Lancaster and decided to go visit the attractions first and then go to the motel. We got at the Olde Amish Inn at sunset. Very small reception area they have. We were expecting “Olde Amish People” running the place but instead found an Indian manager at the tiny reception area. He asked how we came to know the place; I told him I looked it up on the Internet and also told him in a polite way that he had a reputation for offering cheap breakfast and that I had been reading reviews. He replied, “What else can I offer in this price”? He charged us $79.00 for a room with two Queen-size beds. I can’t say it’s much but I can’t say it’s cheap either. There were plenty of places cheaper and better than this place in the surrounding area. I didn’t argue. I asked the time for breakfast in the morning and we went to our room. Lobby smelled cigarettes. We entered the room it was smelly like cleaning was done without cleaning aids. Towels were numbered, two large and two small. A 20 year old TV with local channels. Kids could get very bored in the room. Old used up carpet that you wouldn’t want to step on bare foot, so the kids were told to keep shoes on till they hit the sack. I had requested extra pillows at the time of booking to keep children from falling off the bed; no extra pillows. There was one pillow on each bed. I had to call and remind him of my request. By then we knew we were paying a lot for what we were getting.
Breakfast was set up in the same tiny reception area! One coffee table and one side table with three chairs, that’s where you get your breakfast; cold cereal, bagel and juice. After reading the reviews I had asked my wife to boil some eggs and take along for breakfast. I had to sit on the floor and join my family for breakfast. There was nobody else there except us for most of time! They could have easily allocated a room for breakfast but who doesn’t want to rent another room? Bad business! (I came to know if you can’t find a room elsewhere, you’ll get a room here). Why not set apart a breakfast area and draw more guests?
There’s nothing “Olde Amish” about this place. This is a cheap motel going down the drain because the management is cutting corners on everything, even cleaning agents! Stay here only if you have to. Stay away if you're with family.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MirrorMalik
Reviewed 28 July 2012

i stayed at the old amish inn during the weekend of july 14-15th and was very pleasently suprised , the room was affordable ,clean and very quiet and very close to the area i was wanting to spend my time.The staff was very friendly i was greetd kindly . over-all it was an enjoyable stay and plan to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Roy R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
0.1 km away
2.9 km away
Hershey Farm Inn
Hershey Farm Inn
#3 of 16 in Ronks

Been to Olde Amish Inn? Share your experiences!