“Very good local restauant”

French Quarter Bistro
Ranked #11 of 54 Restaurants in Royersford
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave.
Description: Cajun/creole influenced restaurant and full service bar located in Royersford, Pa. We offer a varied menu, nightly specials, gourmet burgers,12 revolving craft beers on tap, & catering services. ‎
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We have eaten here several times since we live in the area. We usually go mid-week when its easier to get a table. Their food is always very good.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Ordered Seafood Casino. Shrimp, crawfish, chopped clams, crab, bacon, peppers, onion, and garlic butter tossed with linguine. Wonderful! I also had an orange mint tea cocktail that was just perfect. My husband enjoyed a filet served with mashed potatoes and an herb cream corn. I highly recommend this testaurant

Reviewed 3 July 2017

We came here with friends one evening where they have a special entree deal during the week. It was pretty empty for a small place, so we thought we would have had pretty personalized service. Unfortunately that wasn't the case; they were incredibly slow, and they took awhile just to refill our water glasses and for us to get our drinks. We were enjoying good company, but even the slow service came up in conversation.

That aside, the food was well worth the wait. I had the french onion soup, side salad, andouille meatloaf, and french vanilla creme brulee. The soup was just ok, nothing spectacular there. The salad had nice mixed greens and their house dressing was amazing. The meatloaf was chock full of flavor and the macque choux was a pleasant surprise. The mashed potatoes that it came with i could take or leave, really needed seasoning. The creme brulee hardly tasted like vanilla at all, more like eggs and some burnt sugar on top, missed the mark there. My wife got the Louisiana fried chicken, and it was incredibly dry, the breading was good, but the chicken inside was dry and tasteless.

Maybe it was just the day that we came where they were short staffed, but i would like to try them again to see if they are better on a different night.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Good quality food. For Munchies we had the Fried Tomato which is delicious. She loves their deep fried Burger and Thursday's are there Burger special night. The top off the evening with the bread pudding which is like a meal unto itself. It was a bit pricey but well worth it because the food was excellent. They also have craft beer.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Came here with a Groupon and was a tad apprehensive as we approached the restaurant because from the outside it din't look like it was going to be anything special. Nice enough on the inside though and as soon as I tasted the corn bead they brought to the table I knew the food was going to be a treat. My wife had the fillet which was cooked wonderfully. I had the Seafood Jambalaya which had a little more tomato than I would choose but still tasted excellent. It was a really nice portion (plenty of shrimp and sausage) and had just the amount of spice I like, just a bit of bite but I didn't feel like my mouth was burning. Was also happy to see how nice the staff was. Sometimes when I use a Groupon I feel like we get the cold shoulder (I guess staff thinks I will be a bad tipper) but they were great and even though it was a bit far I will certainly come back. Maybe next time for lunch since they had a nice Burger menu I'd like to try.