The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort(Shawnee on Delaware)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$119
US$113
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

US$64
US$166
US$137
Pocono Inn At Water Gap(Delaware Water Gap)
US$69
US$56
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$165
Orbitz.com
US$93
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS(East Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge(Stroudsburg)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$89
Pocono Palace Resort(Marshalls Creek)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$153
Travelocity
All reviewsscreened in porchsales presentationtwo double bedsreception areawould stay againlift ticketscoffee makerb cfireplaceblenderskiingrepairhandicapgamesremotemirror
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Let me start by saying that my wife grandmother is an original timeshare owner here - since 1981. We have gone many many times to her unit. The unit is a "rustic" 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 level townhome style condo. We go in June - when it is hot! The a/c unit outside is original and barely works, especially upstairs. The outside is wood sided and has more spots that are peeling than painted at this point - We have been hearing for 5 years that these units are getting refurbished! Inside, the unit has nasty old stained carpets, and an old fridge and dishwasher with no garbage disposal. The kitchen has almost no cabinets, instead there is open shelve that you put everything on. There is a screen-in porch out back that has a wonderful view of the Delaware River through the ughly chain link fence. The porch itself is dirty and has several holes in the screens where many bugs get through. The rest of the unit is the same - there is no hot tub, little furniture, and dirty and hot (in June).

While we were checking in, we were invited to see the new Wyndham Resorts on site. While we were on the tour we complained how terriple the unit and pools are and how dirty everything is. The Wyndham Reps said that Shawnee is a different company and had nothing to do with them. They showed us the new units, which were very nice, but we pomptly said that we would not buy anything attached to the common areas that were in disrepair and lacks cleaning. When we were offered a timeshare unit for sale during the salespitch, they offer us one from the same area that we have already owned (in our family) for 30+ years! I thought Wyndham had nothing to do with the original Shawnee Units??!!!

Anyway, this unit has seen better days. Even when you go on area tours, they all talk about the area in years past. This is a place that is living in the past.

Last thought: my wife and I noticed that there is a fairly large security presents now. This is new - not sure if something happened or what the reason is.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank sean8d
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Check in at 3:45pm room not finished yet had to wait another 45min to an hour. Entered room not so clean. No dish detergent to was dishes, no spare toilet tissue, no spare towels, no hair dryer, no sample shampoo. Cobwebs, Bugs in ceiling tiles in kitchen, and don't even look under the bed, gross! Called housekeeping for some dish detergent and dishwasher detergent they gave us a hard time!! They want to sell it to you. Nothing like other Wyndham Resorts. So if you stay at Shawnee River Village II make sure you bring supplies, because they don't want to give you anything. As for the pool you have to drive or call for a shuttle. Security personal were very nice and personable. Shawnee River Village II is a Dump compared to other properties!

Room Tip: When booking don't choose Shawnee River Village II its like camping with no amenities.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kittengirlsmom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Having a great time at River Village 2. It is "rustic" in unit 84 but clean and plenty big enough for the 4 of us. Kitchen, dining, outdoor screened in porch and stepup living room with fire place on first floor. very open concept with vaulted ceilings. 2 bed 2 bath with showers and crazy soaking tub downstairs?? see pics. Great beds! not saggy
Lots of stairs! see pics. Lots of wildlife and outdoor activities close by. Lots of shopping and restaurants. too.
Wifi is not free unless you have some att account. only works with one device. I paid 30 for the week so I could do our homework.
Kitchen has papertowels, coffe filters,dishwashing soap laundy soap (2) and drier sheets (2) and all the stuff you could need to feed 8.
Bath has towels, soap, small pantene shampoo and crazy tub :)
Laundy is at the top up 6 units with 1 washer & 1 drier free I believe.
I've seen 2 outdoor pools so far. the main one super busy the one at river village was empty except lifeguard, who was very nice.
traded out timeshare. if you enjoy 5 star dont stay in river villages. I believe there is a newer part of villages but not sure of name. Wyndhan Shawnee village is quite large. 580 units I believe. Lots of walking or driving. The delaware river runs behind river village 2. great link of shawnne village http://www.shawneeowners.com/vil_RiverII.asp
had a hard time finding it as I couldn't figure out the address of office. Just call they were super helpful. I would recommend if you like outdoors and don't mind a "rustic" but clean and friendly enviroment.

Room Tip: Lots of stairs not really handicap accesible from what we have seen so far.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank thetravelinguys4
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This place is a dump.

From the outside you would never know. But go inside. As soon as you hit the door you smell a mixture of old carpet-natural gas and mold. The shower rod and curtain looked like someone had just wedged it onto a ledge above the shower. It collapsed at least a dozen times. There were ants in every room like they owned the place and strong evidence of mice. The kitchen stove looked they found it floating on the Delaware River - and hadn't been in a showroom in 40 years.
On top of that Shawnee Village has a check-out policy of 10:00 AM. If you don't meet that time they will send the resort security.~ As if people are clinging to the mice infested counters and ant infested comforters trying to stay. Hilarious.Then they say if you "break" something or "lose" something understandably you have to pay for it. That policy might well apply to another resort or a hotel like Holiday Inn even. The people at Shawnee should be glad to get that decrepit moldy furniture off their hands. This place is disgusting.However the pools seemed nice and the space was very nice

Room Tip: Ask for the Presidential Suite or one of their few newer rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jaris S
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My family has owned timeshare at Shawnee since the early 80's & upon reading the reviews from various sites I expected to see the worst coming back after so many years. Well we arrived 4hrs after chk-in & were checked in right away, no problems. Found our Villa with no problems. I told the family to wait in the car while I went to survey the room because if it was too skeevy there would be no need in unpacking we wouldn't be staying! But to my surprise it was clean, (ie., carpets, countertops, new wood) updated, fully stocked (cooking utensils, silverware & dishware) no visible bugs, bathrooms very neat & kept. I was extremely thankful & my family & I said a prayer & thanked God for Blessing us because Lord knows I/we prayed on a daily basis not to encounter the disastrous accommodations the other reviews spoke about. The amenities are plentiful, swimming, golf, hiking, exercise room as well as classes, rec center with all the latest arcade games, karaoke, theatre & much more. Walmart & liquor store are an exit away. Beer on the other hand is ONLY sold at breweries - nearest 1 in Tannersville (Brewskies). There's supposed to be a place called Giants that has its beer license - I haven't found it yet. Overall I was blessed with an updated unit & was offered the opportunity to upgrade to 1 of the new units. I probably wouldn't have upgraded but I did want to see the new units and because of a misrepresentation of paperwork I was unable to do so. Shawnee is sentimental to me I wasn't looking for 5 star granite & glass backsplash when I decided to come back I was looking to create new memories with my family from a tradition long lost. We will continue to come back every year & stay in "our" villa!

• Stayed: April 2012