“Memorable Weekend Retreat at Santosha On The Ridge”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary
Reviewed 28 July 2016

My husband and I stayed with Leslie and Gene at Santosha On The Ridge last month. We were celebrating my husband's birthday and how happy were we to have stayed with such wonderful and welcoming people.

From the moment you drive down to the property you know you have entered a place of tranquility. You are surrounded by manicured gardens and lush trees. Birds can be heard calling from the tree-tops above, and chipmunks scurry about in this magical land that is their kingdom.

The home is beautifully maintained with big open rooms which lead to an outside area that over-looks the Delaware Valley River Gap, which leaves you to feel as if you (like the birds) are safely cocooned in the treetops of this dense forest.

Our bedroom was open, airy and filled with so many comforts (blankets, books and Music). There is no T.V. if that's your thing BUT I actually loved that missing detail. Lying in bed you are able to connect with the sounds you are surrounded by, and it also gives you the chance to truly connect with nature and the company you are with.

Leslie and Gene were so warm, so kind and provided so much information about the area. With Gene's help we found a fantastic steak house to celebrate my husband's birthday and Leslie advised us some great hiking trails which we really enjoyed! We truly felt like we were staying with friends we had known forever, and that in itself, made my stay; Lucy (the resident pups) was also quite the hostess and I absolutely fell in love with her!!!

Each morning we were provided a hearty breakfast that was absolutely delicious and there was hot tea available every evening, which was great to come home too. The soaking tub in our room was GLORIOUS! My husband couldn't get over how roomy it was :) And when we said our goodbyes I couldn't help but feel a little sad to go. We hope to come back next year to visit! (There is a tradition at the end of your stay that I won't say much EXCEPT that it's pretty cool!!!)

If you are looking for relaxation and good company I sincerely recommend this property! You will NOT be disappointed I assure you!

Reviewed 9 July 2016

My wife and I spent 2 nights there recent;y. Truly relaxing place and Leslie & Gene are THE best hosts. Oriented us to the area and had wonderful suggestions for things to do based on our desires. Plus, the breakfasts- FANTASTIC!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Sant0sha, Owner at Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Thanks for your comments. It was really nice meeting you both and having our health discussions. All the best to you in the coming year. Hope to see you again if you are visiting your daughter.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

Quiet and secluded with a nice view of the valley. Hosts were attentive and accommodating, and the breakfasts were large and tasty. Room (Woodland Vale) was well appointed and of a good size. We would stay here again on future visits.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gburg2000
Reviewed 21 June 2016

My husband and I visited Santosha on the Ridge this past weekend, as we traveled to attend a wedding in Shawnee. We were there with two other couples. From the moment we arrived and saw the view from the deck, we were at peace! We'd found an oasis to replenish our own piece of mind, while being conveniently located to our friend's wedding and a great place to enjoy the company of our friends! We stayed in the Sunrise Room and the bed, big comfy chair and spacious, clean bathroom met all our expectations for a delightful sleep and stay. All the rooms were comfortable, as reported by our friends! Breakfast both mornings were fresh and satisfying. The avocado spread on toast with an egg and prosciutto was delicious on Saturday morning! The "green" smoothie on Saturday was a nice treat and on Sunday we had coconut, orange, pineapple juice, so delicious! There was plenty of food at each breakfast for all! The hospitality of Leslie and Gene cannot be understated. They were just so sweet! Tea is available night and day for a sip on the porch. Wine glasses are available to sip a glass or two (and they have plastic wine glasses to bring outside!). There are small refrigerators available for guests to store their own beverages. Wonderful touches like that that make you feel at home are so important. As we left we couldn't leave without hugs for Leslie and Gene and placing our worries (on a slip of paper) in a pot to burn them away as we move forward from the oasis! We took a rock with words to live by with us. I took "peace" and I hope I brought some of that home. I need it and so does this crazy world! You will not regret choosing this B & B! It is a place of refreshment, peace and you cannot beat the view!

Room Tip: Sunrise room is lovely and the bathroom is spacious and clean!
1  Thank Jemmbarr
Sant0sha, Owner at Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Thank you for such an extensive review. It was our pleasure to meet all of you and have you. I really enjoyed my insurance lesson from Joe. We alway come away knowing something new when guests leave. You found the deck and settled right into that magic view, keeping the hummingbirds moving. The fact that you were able to find the peacefulness, here even in the midst of your wedding obligations, makes us feel even better. We will look forward to seeing you next time. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

Surely finding Santosha on the Ridge was a divine blessing. We could not have asked for a more perfect place to relax and enjoy our honeymoon. It is truly a special place in a breath taking relaxing setting. Every breakfast was amazing, Leslie's recommendations made our activities effortless. We look forward to many return anniversary trips. Mr. and Mrs. Rossi

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. We so enjoyed meeting you both. I am grateful that Santosha was just the perfect place for you to relax after a few very busy weeks. My favorite part of your visit though was the connections you found with the other guests at the table. It doesn't always happen and it is what makes the B&B experience so different from other places people vacation. It is my favorite part of our guests' stay. We hope to see you on your anniversary or anytime you need it. All the best..always

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee on Delaware
2 km away
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
#1 of 4 in Shawnee on Delaware

Been to Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary? Share your experiences!