“Nine & Dine event”

Ranked #10 of 18 Restaurants in Spring City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We attended their Nine & Dine last year with friends and thoroughly enjoyed the event. The coordination, the course, the food made for a fun filled evening.

We returned last night with our friends again and were sorely disappointed. There was no organization for the event (I understand the weather has been a concern), it was as though they gave us a cart and said see you after. Actually that is exactly what they said. It just appeared so disorganized from the start and got worse as it progressed.

At dinner we sat with some of members that also played the Nine & Dine. We waited almost 40 minutes before the waitress came by to ask if we were ready to order our salad! At this point we had already gotten our own waters and were ready to leave. Our friends were extremely irate.

When we told the waitress we wanted to place our order, not just salads....it took almost another 20+  minutes before our salad arrived. The waitress just kept saying "I'm doing the best I can". No apology, no "can I get you some bread to snack", nothing.

We have eaten here several times since we came to this area. Service has been a little sluggish at times but this was beyond sluggish. It was obvious the waitress was agitated and unable or unwilling to to amend the situation.

The meal was not up to the standard that we are used to at the Grill. It was so late by the time we finished, we all ordered our dessert to go.

My poor friends were so upset they left cash on the table and left. We both paid our $100 9 & Dine charge but were so frazzled we tipped on the full amount instead of just the food portion!

So the waitress got double the tip for a HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE!

The club members were just as dissatisfied and embarrassed for the venue.

We have always loved bringing friends to the Grill at Spring Hollow for the dining atmosphere and food but I am sorry to say it will be a long time before we risk coming there again.

The waitress made out quite well for herself and didn't earn a third of what we left her! Shame on us!

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

First I must say that our server, his name is Remington, was very polite and attentive. For our entrée we both had the italian seasoned ribeye. It was cooked perfectly but it looked more like a NY strip steak and didn't have the marbling of a ribeye and other than a julienne basil there was no other italian seasoning or other seasoning on the steak. It was served with salad, garlic bread and pasta and marinara sauce on top. A suggestion would be take the extra step to mix the pasta in the sauce before serving. There was a puddle of water from the not well drained pasta and the pasta sauce ratio was not good. We have been to many of these Thursday dinners and really liked them. This one not so much except for Remington our server.

Reviewed 9 March 2015

This was not our first attempt to dine at The Grille at Spring Hollow but sadly the same result. The food is very good but the horrible service will prevent us from going back. We arrive fairly early on a Friday evening intrigued by the specials listed on Facebook. It was about half full and there wasn't a wait so I can't explain what happens next. Our service came over promptly and took a drink order while we reviewed the specials (on our own). When she returned she never mentioned ANYTHING just looked like we were bothering her. There is nothing noted on the menu to inform you what comes with any of the dishes however it listed roasted red potatoes and garlic green beans as the vegetables. I had the strip steak and it ended up coming with those sides. My husband had the fried shrimp and scallop dinner and asked for a side salad, again she looked annoyed when asked about the choice of salad dressings. Our food was delivered by a "runner" who plopped it down and took off. The seafood came with a pile of French fries, again nothing noted on the menu. At this point we were out of beverages and watched as our server spent over 10 minutes conversing with what appeared to be "regulars". We flagged down someone else and asked for a different beer and when it finally arrived it was not even close to what was ordered. We weren't even approached by our original server until we were completely done with our meals. Let me reiterate....the food is good, BUT not so amazing that the service can be that bad. Probably won't return because this seems to be a constant problem.

Reviewed 15 February 2015

The evening didn't start out real good as it appeared they were short staffed. We sat at the bar as we were there 10 minutes early for a 7:00pm reservation. The bartender was waiting and serving tables and it took us almost 10 minutes to be waited on. We sat with for 30 minutes looking at tables for 2 that were empty. I asked the hostess about sitting and waiting for a table when there were 2 sitting empty. she told me the table we were assigned still had people at it. That made no sense to me. I asked for the manager and she told me the same thing but then sat us immediately and waited on us instead of the server that originally came over. Our food was exceptional from the Shrimp Cocktail and Polenta with a Truffled Mushroom Cream Sauce to the Duck and Prime Rib. the vegetables were cooked perfectly. We topped our meal off with dessert which were Cheesecake with Strawberries and a Chocolate Pot au Crème. The manager comped our drinks at the bar and table to make up for the wait.
What started out a not so good experience was made a wonderful evening because the manager made it her job to make sure everything went well.
We have been here for other holidays, New Years Eve, and during the week. Each time the food has been very good. I highly recommend The Grille at Spring Hollow.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

A follow up to a good report from prior visits. We continued to have good dinners at The S.H. Grille
until last Saturday. Maybe because S. H. hosted a wedding reception in the afternoon or possibly the chef was off enjoying Fatrher's Day on Sunday. Whatever the excuse (should be no excuses) we had the 'Special' pasta of ravioli stuffed with something (?) and covered with an unattractive sauce that was poorly suited to pasta.
The brownie was stale and the vanilla ice-cream unremarkable.
They do serve a good Beefeater's gin & tonic. As for the chardonay...... it's o.k. if you like 'plonk'
We dined early (6:15) to find only one other couple, however, by 7:00 it was about 1/4 full.
Not a great review however, I insist we give S.H. another try as we have had Good meals in the past. Everyone is allowed one mistake. Lets hope this is their last mistake.
The beautiful setting (looks over the golf course)) makes the visit worthwhile.. the meal.... well we shall see!