“Senior Citizen's Special”

Ichiban Buffet Grill Inc
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Springfield
Reviewed 24 June 2016

A few years ago the Home town Buffet was at this very location. So when I saw that it was replaced I was very skeptical. I was certainly not disappointed. The cockles, mussels and steak done your way, were a real treat. Didn't like the clam soup, but the land crab soup was great. The many choices available made for a great lunch experience. To top it off, people over 60 eat at a discounted rate.

Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

I went in with some friends hoping for a nice dinner and was greeted by rude workers and terrible service. They did not reflil our drinks once, they did not clear the pile of plates at the end of the table, and then they had the nerve to demand I leave a tip. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the amount of tip based on how well the service is? Terrible service = no tip. I will not be going back.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

I read the reviews which were mostly good and wanted to try Ichiban for myself and my nephew - we are great eaters, but most of all we like good food. Though the ambience is that of an all you can eat place, the food was remarkably good. The service was great too, for we got our plates cleared very quickly and the tea and soft drink were replenished frequently. For the first time I tried an in house hibachi station and was quite impressed, I could chose what I wanted cooked and after waiting 5 minutes walked off with a plate of goodies. We liked their oysters and mussels - the coconut shrimp, the sushi was plentiful. The fresh fruit station was impressive - we didn't try their cakes or ice creams - we just ate too much to leave room for it. Well, there is always a next time. The choices were enormous - and they offer a discount for seniors before you even mention it. This is definitely a keeper if their quality of food remains the same.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Hadn't really expected too much, but a good buffet is worth trying a few options and I hadn't known of this place before. The quantity and variety of items was surprisingly large and the quality quite good. Would have liked a bit more sushi, but for lunch, it was reasonable. I'm not a dessert person, but for those who are there was a very substantial offering.

I'll be going back to try a dinner and see how that compares.

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Took the family there for my daughters birthday. It worked out great because of the vast variety of food. Not just Asian but also American cuisine. Everything tastes great & was hot. The servers kept our drinks full & cleared away plates quickly.