“Great Delco restaurant ”

Red Iron American Pub
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Springfield
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

We were a little Hesitant to try this restaurant but so glad that we did. We started with the short rib truffle fries as an appetizer. Omg amazing! I could have licked the Cabernet gravy off of the plate it was that good ( I wouldn't though haha).
We had the meatloaf and the southern fried chicken. We were pleased with both meals. My boyfriend was a little disappointed that the only steak on the menu was a filet. He prefers to get steak (ribeye,porter house) when we go out but not a fan of filet. Other than that it was great! I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

We have passed the Red Iron Pub many times and decided tonight to give it a go. Several friends have gone there and were quite pleased with their dinners. The french onion soup was really good. Meatloaf dinner with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans definitely a winner. Eggplant parm was fresh eggplant and nicely breaded. Complimentary chips with an onion dip before ordering was awesome. Will definitely return for breakfast and recommend to others for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

The food was great and the service was even better! Someone told me about this place 2 years ago and finally got the nerve to try it and glad that I finally did. They offer groupon deals but beware and look at your check before u swipe your card. We were charged for food plus paid for the groupon but they promptly fixed it before we left and apologized for the confusion. We will definitely return

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Stayed at a hotel nearby while looking at apartments in Philadelphia. The crab cakes and risotto was pretty good and the ambiance was nice. The place felt more like a bar that serves food than a restaurant and they were setting up for open mic night when I was eating.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Went tonight with a Groupon. More food than we could eat, and that's saying a lot! Very impressed that we got full portions and choice of full menu, no limitations. Crispy shrimp appetizer was different and delicious. Hub had the Wedge salad, I had French Onion Soup. Both enjoyed immensely. Entrees were salmon for me, crab cakes for him. No disappointments with either. Dessert was a trio - cheesecake with fresh berries, apple bread pudding, and chocolate lava cake. Would definitely go back, even with no Groupon! Truly was more food than you can eat in one sitting - we brought some home, including the full dessert. Complimentary homemade seasoned potato chips - warm - with a ranch'ish dip that we barely sampled because we knew how much food was coming. Might go back just for them and a couple beers another time! Great local find.

1  Thank Mary M