“Awful... absolutely disgusting!”

Quality Inn Stroudsburg
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We arrived for check in, and the woman who who greeted us was efficient, but not friendly. Her greeting was forced and her manner was not welcoming. As we walked through the halls to our room, we were overcome with a musty, and damp odor. While we did have a non-smoking room as requested, our room was surrounded by smoking rooms, so our particular hallway reeked of that odor as well. Finally, our room. The heat did not work, the shower had mold, to the point where the shower head was actually black in parts. Also, there was mold on the ceiling in the bedroom. Both of us were congested during our stay, but "miraculously" our noses cleared and our throats no longer felt sore once we began our journey home.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ckoszarek

Reviewed 14 September 2011

We recently stayed overnight at the Quality Inn Stroudsburg, Pa to attend a concert in the Poconos. The first thing you see when you walk in the lobby is a beautiful, well decorated lobby and pool area. The room we stayed in was another story, especially the bathroom. They put us in the handicapped room, why I don't know. The sliding bathroom door didn't lock. It didn't even have a handle, just drilled finger holes. There were numerous black grease stains on the door. The wallpaper was peeling off. I would much rather have had a standard room.

The person at the front desk was friendly, but not particularly knowledgeable about the area. I asked her if she knew how to get to the concert venue and she had never heard of it. I actually had to point it out to her on a brochure I found in the lobby.

The room itself appeared to be clean. The price was reasonable, especially if you qualified for the senior discount.

The hotel is in a good location, just off of I-80 near Bushkill Falls and other Pocono resort areas.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the back of the hotel. Poolside rooms cost a little more, but are probably in better...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KenGPhila
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Blocked rooms for my wedding guest and party to stay here.... wow not sure where to start.... there was trash near entrance doors that was there all weekend after informing staff that it was there.. roof leaked on one guest and they tried charging the guest for both rooms for that night... rooms were not cleaned just beds made, no trash taken out of the rooms.. then room bills where all jacked up and extra charges on them when everyone was checking out... then one person was charged when someone else paid for the room.. stay away far away

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank richd370
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel on saturday and sunday Sept.3&4. We arrived at 1:50pm at which time we were very rudely told by Kelly that no rooms were ready until 3pm. We then asked which room we would be in, just to make sure that we were getting the area we requested and were told very nastily that no room number can be given out till we checked in.We simply asked what area the room was in. As we waited we walked around the pool area to see that most of the rooms were ready. We then sat in the lobbt waiting when a woman came in with a little baby. The woman was told the same thing in the same mannerism. When the woman asked to make sure there would be a refrigerator in her room, she was told (very rudely) that you have to request one and if they have it available she would get it. As the woman try to explain that she did request it when she made her resevations because she needs to keep medication refrigeratored for the baby she was cut right off by Kelly and told "I told you if we have one you'll get it". About 2:20pm we were told our room was ready. We checked in and went to our room to find it very stuffy and mildewy. We turned up the air conditioning hoping that it would help only to find that the air condition barely worked at all. We report4d to the front desk to no avail. On sunday morning we went to the breakfast they serve only to find dried up eggs and cold sauages. We couldn't find anyone to ask for milk until some other quest went into the kitchen looking for someone. Then we were told they don't have regular milk. Then I went to the front desk to question a charge on my bill that they had already put through on my credit card. And again I got Kelly with her wonderful personality. That night there was a rain storm and some kind of an explosion that left the hotel without electric. So when we got up that morning we had had enough, we packed up and left. But first we stoped at the front desk and we were told that we would have to call later and speak to the manager. After we arrived home we did call but kept getting put through to the managers voice mail. Here it is two days later and still no return phone call. But of course they did charge my credit card the full price. I am registering a formal complaint with the head corporate office. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank marian s
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I see that several of my fellow travelers who had the misfortune of staying at the "Quality" Inn in Stroudsburg have already shared their horror stories. Here is my two cents. We got to the hotel after 2 p.m. on Saturday and were told the room would not be ready until after 3. We walked into the pool area to check it out and were overwhelmed by the pungent aroma of cat urine coming from somewhere near the bar. Perhaps some guest in the past allowed their pet to relieve itself on the trees/rocks by the pool? Disgusting!! Our first night in the hotel was uneventful. We were at the Mount Airy Casino and did not return to our room until almost 3 a.m., so we simply went to sleep. The next morning, my boyfriend went down during the posted continental breakfast hours and found disgusting, dried-out eggs and no creamer for the coffee. There was no sign of any staff, so he poked his head into the kitchen area and saw the employees were all outside, having a cigarette. The second night, Sunday, the satellite in our room lost its signal at 11 p.m. so we could not watch TV. At midnight, it started to thunder and lightning and soon rain was POURING into our 2nd floor room via the ceiling tiles. We shoved a garbage can under the leak and tried to get some sleep. At about 2 or 3 a.m., a loud explosion/crash woke us up to find that the power had gone out. The room was pitch black and instantly became stuffy due to the lack of air conditioning. We were in a jacuzzi suite overlooking the pool, so we had no exterior windows to open. Our only option would have been to open the window to the balcony overlooking the pool to let the humid cat urine air into our room. After tossing and turning the rest of the night, we had to walk blindly in our pitch-dark room to the bathroom. Ever take a shower in complete darkness? My boyfriend went down to the lobby to see what was going on and saw a sign stating that the continental breakfast would be canceled due to no power. He asked at the desk if someone was going to do a Dunkin Donuts run to bring some boxes of joe and donuts for the guests, since breakfast was supposed to be included. The housekeeping manager said, "Are you kidding?" He was incredibly rude and then muttered something under his breath at my boyfriend, who asked, "What did you just say?" and the guy responded by threatening to call the police and have my boyfriend removed from the hotel. We decided to check out and go get our own breakfast at Perkins across the street. While we were taking our luggage to the car, we heard a voice coming from the 2nd floor "Storage Closet" -- it was our friend the housekeeping manager, swearing and screaming on the phone, presumably at the manager (who apparently NEVER sets foot in the hotel), and saying that the guests were making unreasonable requests and complaints and f-this and f-that. Yes, other people's children who were in the hallway could hear every f-bomb. I went down to the lobby for the first time to check out. I was very sympathetic with the girl at the desk and told her she must be having a rough morning. I asked her what the hotel planned to do to compensate guests for what happened and she said they would be deducting 10% from the bill. I told her I did not believe that was acceptable, in light of the fact that I had paid a premium for a jacuzzi I could not use due to no power, no TV, no lights or a/c, no breakfast, and water pouring into my room. She said she understood and asked for my e-mail address so the manager could adjust my bill and respond to me. Several hours later I got an e-mail with an attachment. No "Dear guest, I'm sorry for what happened during your stay ..." Just a bill. With 10% deducted off of one night's stay. Are you KIDDING ME??!!! And what's the extra $1.50/night charge for a safe that no one told me I would have to pay on top of the room rate? I immediately called Choice Hotels headquarters and lodged a formal complaint. I also contacted Citibank to dispute the charge. Sleeping in my car would have been a more pleasant and comfortable experience than sleeping in this hotel was. Customer service? Hospitality? Quality? Yeah, right.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank in5minutes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
0.7 km away
2.1 km away
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
#5 of 8 in Stroudsburg

Been to Quality Inn Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!