“Pretty good but not great”
Review of Marco Antonio's

Marco Antonio's
Ranked #20 of 130 Restaurants in Stroudsburg
Price range: US$12 - US$75
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Marco Antonio's is a Chef/Family owned establishment, specializing in the cuisine of Spain and Portugal. We offer Seafood, Meat, Gluten Free, and Vegan dishes, all cooked to order. Presently our Menu is over 85% Gluten Free. We began this transition in June, 2015, and are working towards Gluten Free Certification. We are a BYOB establishment.
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Came here with my wife for our anniversary. Nice decor. We were greeted with bread and olives after ordering. I saw the waitress microwave the bread for warmth. The bread did not seem fresh.

I had the paella and the shrimp, mussels and clams were good but the rice was salty and not flavorful. Two of the mussels never opened. The rice was cooked well and there was plenty of food.

My wife had the Monkfish special in a Fra Diavolo sauce and said it was delicious. The service was very good. The bill including tip was $66.00 with no apps and no drinks.

TIp: This place is BYO

Tip: parking is metered on the street.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

The best restaurant in Stroudsburg. Their seafood dishes are all ouatanding especially Paella with lobster and shrimp was delicious. They put wonderful black olives on the table which we gobbled up. Their steak on a stone
Slab cannot be beat. The meat just melts in your mouth. You can bring your own bottle of wine and their is no set up charge. The owner walks around to make certain that all is satisfactory. A delightful evening was had by all

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Very good value for money and excellent food. Give it a try and you will not be disappointed. BYOB for those that wish to imbibe.

Reviewed 27 April 2016

This a small restaurant in downtown Stroudsburg PA. The food is exceptional and I would say the best in the Poconos area. However, food alone does not make a restaurant exceptional. The restaurant is small and when my wife and I went the room was crowded with three large parties. It was extremely noisy to the point where we couldn't hear each other. In addition, the service was slow and not up to the standards that the price of their food should demand. There were only 2 servers in the restaurant. The slow/poor service was not the fault of the servers who were working very hard. They were just overwhelmed. Not only were they taking orders and serving the food; they were also answering the phone, seating customers, taking reservations, setting the table, cleaning the tables.....they were doing everything.
However, the thing that got to me the most was when my wife asked for addition bread with our meal. When I received the check, they had added an additional charge for the additional couple of slices of bread we had asked for. When a restaurant is charging what they are for a dinner, they should not be asking for addition money for an extra slice of bread. We've never been charged extra for more bread, even when eating dinner in a diner.

1  Thank 157DennisM
carolina161, Owner at Marco Antonio's, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Thank you for your review; we welcome our guests assessments and observations. We are very happy you enjoyed your meal; I, personally, take tremendous pride in my husband's abilities.

As you stated in your review, we are a small restaurant; our seating capacity is 50 guests. You did not state when you dined with us, but you did mention there were 3 large parties, so my conclusion is, you dined with us on Saturday evening, April 23rd, somewhere between the hours of 6pm and 9pm.

On this particular evening, we had 3 RESERVED SEATING'S of Celebration - a 40th birthday, an anniversary, and a matrimonial dinner, All HAPPY OCCASSIONS. Subsequent reservations were informed, as is our policy, at the time of their reservation, and scheduled accordingly. We inform our reservations of any large parties because all of our dishes are prepared by my husband, Chef Marco Antonio, with my assistance. It is just the 2 of us. Our children assist us with various duties throughout the front and back of the restaurant. We did accept "walk-in" guests, throughout the evening, if there was table availability.

Dining out is generally a happy occasion, but with 3 celebrations occurring simultaneously, in a room of 50 people, yes, it will be noisy. Happy conversation, laughter, and singing tend to be boisterous.

In your review, you stated our 2 servers did everything from seating customers, to answering phones, taking orders, busing, etc., I'm afraid you are mistaken. My daughter was hostess on Saturday evening. Her duties are to seat our guests, bus tables, redress said tables, answer the phone, and assist the servers anyway she can.
She is also a tiny, thin young woman, with long brunette hair, like our servers, so I understand the error.

Upon reviewing the receipts from Saturday evening, I have found that 3 tables were charged for an extra LOAF of bread. One table had 3 guests and was a reservation. The other tables had 2 guests each and were walk-ins. Although your name does not match either of the credit card receipts, the initial of your last name is the same as one of them. Both of these tables had dishes that take extensive time to prepare. The preparation and cooking time of Chicken & Rice (Arroz Com Pollo), Paella's, and Seafood & Rice is approximately 35-45 minutes. All dishes are cooked to order, therefore they take time. Also, dishes are prepared in order of receipt. All tickets are marked with the exact time they were received in the kitchen. If one of these tables was you, it was not the service that was slow, but the cooking time of one or both of the dishes you chose.

My real issue is with your comments concerning the cost of our dishes and "slices" of bread.
First, we use only Quality Ingredients and we are 98% Gluten Free, which means our costs are much higher than the average restaurant. We shop for our Seafood at the Fish Markets in NY and my husband hand picks our seafood to insure the freshest and best quality, and when necessary, he scales and de-bones. Our Sardines and Octopus are Imported from Spain and Portugal. He personally inspects all our meat, hand trims, and cuts the steaks. All of our stocks are made from scratch, as are our sauces and soups. As the saying goes "You Get What You Pay For".

In addition, Marco Antonio's is a BYOB. We do not have the luxury of the tremendous mark up of alcoholic beverages. We do not charge a Corkage fee, yet we open your bottles and provide glasses to you.

Second, in reference to the "slices of bread", we do NOT serve slices, ever! Our bread is an 8 inch rectangular loaf of thick crusted bread that we sliced for you. We do not bake the bread, we have it delivered daily from an exceptional bakery in NJ. We CHOOSE to offer 1 complimentary loaf, along with butter and imported Portuguese olives. We are not a Franchise that offers unlimited soup/salad/bread sticks. Asking for something additional, will always incur a charge whether it is bread, a side of sauce, or veggies, etc., at a restaurant, or Sprinkles, an extra scoop of Ice Cream, or hot fudge at the Ice Cream Shop.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

Small and cozy family owned and run restaurant . The food is very good and so is the service. Centrally located. Go early on the weekends it gets very busy