“Great food... deafeningly loud!”
Review of Broad Table Tavern

Broad Table Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Broad Table Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Swarthmore
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Description: At The Broad Table Tavern, our cuisine is inspired by the seasons. Designed to celebrate the partnership with local farms, vineyards, breweries, and purveyors who share our vision for the finest flavors and quality possible.
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

As a guest of the Inn I've just had dinner two nights in a row at this tavern and I'm perplexed as to why it's so LOUD. Last night we had a reservation for 5 that had been made well in advance. They sat our groul right i side the door and adjacent to the bar. We literally had to shout across the table. I went to bed with my ears ringing. Tonight I was alone and unfortunately it was more of the same. Bar patrons were literally screaming at each other and I had no idea why. High marks for the generous and imaginative salads, the fresh pappardelle with mushrooms and tallagio cheese was perfect, and the desserts are
magnificent...but next time I stay at the Inn I will certainly opt for take-out.

Robert M, General Manager at Broad Table Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for your valuable input regarding our inn and restaurant and its services and amenities. Your suggestions and recommendations will assist us in improving our product and service for the future enjoyment of all of our guests. I do apologize for the noise level in the restaurant. I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again. Next time you are coming into the area, please let me know so I may make sure you receive the true Inn at Swarthmore and Broad Table Tavern experience. Once again, thank you for your input and patronage.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Nice and pleasant atmosphere but service is so slow and the prices are worthy of Philadelphia and not adequate food in the burbs. If you are staying at the Inn at Swarthmore, go into Media for a wide variety of food and much less the cost. Most locals have given up on the Broad Table except for the ocassional breakfast meeting.

Robert M, General Manager at Broad Table Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Thank you for your valuable input regarding our inn and restaurant and its services and amenities. Your suggestions and recommendations will assist us in improving our product and service for the future enjoyment of all of our guests. I am so sorry to hear about the problems you encountered with service during your visit to the Broad Table Tavern. The issues have been addressed with the appropriate staff, and I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again. Next time you are coming into the area, please let me know so I may make sure you receive the true Inn at Swarthmore and Broad Table Tavern experience. Once again, thank you for your input and patronage.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Now we have a great upscale restaurant and pub. Lots of parking We had Bloody Mary's and the octopus

Robert M, General Manager at Broad Table Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for your valuable input regarding our Inn and its service and amenities. I am glad you enjoyed your recent visit to the Broad Table Tavern. It was our pleasure to have you as our special guest. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Inn at Swarthmore and the Broad Table Tavern soon.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Went there for breakfast on 12/17. Upon entering the hostess and waitress couldn't figure out how to properly seat us. We should have taken that as an omen and left. The wait to order was way too long given the 5-6 other tables and at least 3 staff members available. The food was undercooked to the point of a food safety concern(the eggs bubbled whitish liquid) and our server was AWOL for way too long. A second cup of coffee was never offered.

It was an absolutely terrible experience. Before writing this review I did try and address it with a manager at the Broad Table. I tried calling twice and got no answer either time.

I will not go back, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Steve M
Robert M, General Manager at Broad Table Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

Thank you for your valuable input regarding our restaurant and its services and amenities. Your suggestions and recommendations will assist us in improving our product and service for the future enjoyment of all of our guests. I am so sorry to hear about the problems you encountered during your visit to the our restaurant. The issues have been addressed with the appropriate staff, and I hope this will not deter you from visiting us again. Next time you are coming into the area, please let me know so I may make sure you receive the true Broad Table Tavern experience. Once again, thank you for your input and patronage.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

We recently enjoyed a good meal at Broad Table and the experience gets better each time I go! I want to give a shout out for the broccoli appetizer and the impossible burger (which was very tasty!). But I really think the restaurant should change their french fries. The ones they use now are not tasty and they put way too many of them on the plate. Everyone in my party ordered something that came with fries and not one of us even ate 1/2 of them. Either change the fries or offer some other potato or rice options. The service is always wonderful--Krissy was just the right amount of attentive!

Thank you for your valuable input regarding our Inn and its service and amenities. I am glad you enjoyed your recent visit to the Broad Table Tavern. It was our pleasure to have you as our special guest. I will certainly pass on your comments to Krissy. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Inn at Swarthmore and the Broad Table Tavern soon.