“Mofongo”

El Rincon Caribe
Ranked #12 of 43 Restaurants in Tannersville
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

The mofongo had good flavor. The service is fast mostly take - out orders. The place is very clean and cozy. For future reference please don't serve in aluminum or plastic plates when you eat inside the restaurant.

1  Thank Lizette P

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Maybe i just had a bad experience, as this was my first time there. However, if what i experienced was the norm, i question how this location is rated a 4. I have been to many hole in the wall spots that were absolutely amazing. This was not one of them.

I ordered a chicken wrap (no sour cream), a Cuban and fries. About 5 minutes after my order was placed, an individual came in and ordered the exact same wrap as i did, only with sour cream (which lead to the individual making the wrap to scream at the fact they had to make ANOTHER wrap). The cuban finished about a minute after the new customer came in, followed by the fries - which sat under a lamp. TEN MINUTES later, the wrap was done....for the person who came in after me. Apparently making a wrap without sour cream takes longer than making a wrap with sour cream. And yes, they are made fresh. I had to wait another 5 minutes (as did the cuban. And the fries) for my wrap to finish. What is doubly sad is when a "HUNGRY? WE DELIVER" order is called in and picked up before the food you ordered 15 minutes prior is even finished.

The cuban (i was told) was good, albeit grissly. The wrap was nothing to brag about - imagine a Moes burrito at 1/2 the size and pressed. And the fries - dont order unless you like oil soaked potatoes that are "heated."

Regardless if this is standard or a one-off occurrence, i do not plan on patronizing this location again, even if i could get it faster from "hungry? We deliver."

1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 29 March 2016

This reminded us of the Heights- awesome DR/Caribbean food. The empanadas and stews were delicious, as were the maduros. Our toddler couldn't get enough of it. Be forewarned they do run out of stuff, so maybe you'd be better off going for lunch. We were there for dinner, and pickings were slightly slimmer than the printed menu, but honestly, it didn't matter because everything was absolutely delicious. Some items also take 15 minutes to prepare, so we didn't try those with our impatient toddler. So yummy!

2  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 23 March 2016

We ordered a variety of Puerto Rican dishes and all were delicious and tasted homemade. Service staff/owners could have been friendlier, a smile goes a long way.

2  Thank MisterG2528
Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

It's actually by dollar general right next to the Chinese restaurant. It a small place that has 1 table so it's essentially take out only. The girl behind the counter was very efficient with moving the crowd and personable. But she did forget to give me any forks or napkins. Food was average I've definitely had better. I had the pernil and my girlfriend ordered the beef stew. Probably wouldn't go again if I was in the area.

2  Thank Michael F