“Finally Made It To The Tower”
Review of Tower Theatre

Tower Theatre
Reviewed 2 April 2018

After wanting to see a concert here for many years we finally made it to one. The acoustics were great and all of the seats on the lower level seem to have a great view (not sure about the balcony - we didn't go up). We were fairly close to the stage and far off to one side, but our view was fine. The theater doesn't have a steep slope, so if you have someone tall in front of you it could be tough. The inside has been restored to a point where it has on old charm to it. A good experience and I would go back for another show.

All reviews
"septa"
"performance"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 13 March 2018

The Tower is a great classic music and performance venue, with lots of original details still intact. Parking is tough, the area gets really crowded during events, the best bet is to take the EL or Norristown HSL to 69th Street. As far as Philly venues go, the Upper Darby neighborhood has a TON of food options, primarily small mom and pop Asian places, including Vietnamese and Thai. A bloc away is H-Mart which has an all Asian food court.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Was trying to get tix to see The Pretenders, called the box office( several times b4 I got an answer) after not wanting to pay an extra $33 in fees while on ticketmaster. Box office specifically told me "we are open on days tix go on sale to the public, from 10am-6pm, and anytime there is an event."

I thought great, I get off work at 2pm and head out there to get the tix on the same day they go on sale to the public. I head out (I'm like 30 mins away) but I hit traffic and school being let out. Get there in 50 min instead. I get there and everything looks closed. I knock, no answer, I call-no answer, go online find out that they are associated with Filmore Theatre-call them and they tell me that if no one is around after they open they leave. HAD I KNOWN THIS I WOULDNT HAVE GONE OUT. Wasted time, another 50 mins to get home and gas. All just to save $33 because I'm poor. :(

>:(

1  Thank Aidigita
Jackie A, other at Tower Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

We’re sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your experience at The Tower Theater’s Box Office. We understand how frustrating something like this can be. Please reach out to us at: TheatreofLivingArts.SiteFeedback@LiveNation.com- we’d like to discuss this issue with you further!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I bought 2 tickets to see Pentatonix. I researched the seats and thought I was buying good ones ($344 for 2 tickets). When we got there, the sound crew was set up four rows in front of us. The warm up set proved that we couldn't see. The gentleman in front of us asked the sound crew to please sit and was told, "NO, I NEED TO STAND". I spoke to an usher. I then spoke to a floor supervisor. By this time, a group of us (5 rows of about 6 people each row) are starting to get antsy. The theater had to BEG the production company to address the issue. And despite that, there were times when the crew was standing and blocking our view.

Jackie A, Marketing Coordinator at Tower Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Hi Laura-
We are sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your experience at the Tower Theater for Pentatonix. While it does sound like we did everything in our power to get the Pentatonix sound team to move/not block our guests’ view, in the future we will be much more clear with any touring team that choses to utilize an area near our guests- your view is of the utmost importance to us.