All reviews main line paramour restaurant front porch lancaster avenue continental breakfast charming hotel non chain cute town small hotel philadelphia area chain hotels modern conveniences within walking distance hard boiled eggs yogurt bars and restaurants up to date
Reviewed 21 September 2017

My husband and I recently stayed at the Wayne Hotel for two nights and were just delighted with it. The rooms were well appointed, spacious and clean, and the walk-in shower with the huge shower head was such a welcome change from most hotel tub/showers. The bar offers delicious "bar bites" and additional light snacks. And the veranda overlooking Lancaster Avenue is a great place to dine. We visit the area periodically and will definitely make the Wayne Hotel part of our future plans.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

When I lived in Philadelphia in the 80's and 90's, my mother used to stay at the hotel, and it was beautiful. When I visited about 7 years ago, I found the service to be great, but the rooms were tired. Fast forward to this past week. The hotel has been renovated, and it was a delight to stay there. Be clear: this is an old property, so don't expect modern architecture or interiors. That said, the rooms have been redone, and they are elegant, immaculate, and very comfortable. The bathrooms are decently spacious (not always the case in older properties), the room lighting is excellent, the bedding and towels are great. I stayed in a king, and I had plenty of room. Even though the hotel is right on Lancaster Ave (the principle thoroughfare for the main line), I was surprised how quiet my room was during rush hour--I could barely hear any traffic noise. Self-service breakfast was included in my room rate, and there was a wide array of cold options including pastries, breads, hard boiled eggs, cereals, fruits, and a juice/coffee/tea bar. The public rooms are very pretty. I ate at the hotel restaurant (Paramour) 2 nights in a row, once in the bar area, and then on the veranda. Service was excellent on both occasions, and my server Kelvin on the second night was particularly great. The food was WONDERFUL. Local friends cautioned that dinner reservations are in high demand, especially over the weekend, so book in advance! Finally, the front desk staff was terrific--very professional but warm, welcoming, and helpful. A special, romantic property.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Lovely old hotel. Very convenient. Very nice room and bathroom. Older hotel, but with modern conveniences; parking very easy.
Continental breakfast at the hotel was very nice and the croissants were the best I have ever had. Would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We love staying at the Wayne Hotel when we visit Villanova! It is a beautiful property that is exceptionally maintained. It's clean and comfortable and all of the staff are very friendly and proficient. A lovely continental breakfast is served each day with great coffee to boot! We highly recommend it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Booked this hotel for my daughter who was attending a festival in Philly. Very easy to get into Philly and back using the Septa system. The hotel and rooms were beautiful. She and her friend enjoyed their entire stay room, breakfast, helpfulness of staff. Would go back again when visiting Philly or nearby areas.

Stayed: September 2017