Philadelphia Marriott West
US$119
US$111
US$119
Travelocity
All reviewsthe concierge loungepretzelslegends sports barvillanova universitylegends restaurantroom serviceacross the bridgebusiness travelnice propertyking of prussia malllobby areaparking garagebreakfast buffetstayed here for one nightnice roomconvenient locationnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed here about 2 weeks ago as part of a sports team for a basketball competition. Walking into the hotel, I didn't know whether this hotel was the right atmosphere for a nearly 30 girls ranging from 12-14. Although, the team girls were accompanied by their parents, the girls wanted to be free which did not include hanging with their parents. May I say, that I think the girls were free to laugh and explore the grounds respectfully and I did not get the feeling from the staff that the girls were intrusive or unwelcome.

The room was comfortable enough for the family, although the queen size beds were closer to full-sized beds. So it was a little difficult for two adults to lay on one bed. However, the mattress was comfortable and I was well-rested. The mini fridge in the room was convenient and it was clean. The time spent in the room was good because the channel selection on the television was cable plus. If there was a show that I would typically look at at home, the channel was available in the room.

Although I did not personally use the pool, my family used it and they were in the pool area a long time and came back to the room smiling.

The Legends Sports Bar onsite was decent (I will review that separately). There was also a WaWa across the street which was convenient and they make excellent sandwiches.

My only complaints were that the tub may need to be replaced. I don't think it was dirty but the tub was not as white as it should have been. Also, after the first night we left sheets in a pile in the corner. I would have expected housekeeping to remove them instead they were in the same pile in the corner when we returned to the room. I was left wondering if maybe housekeeping forgot to remove them because they removed all the wet dirty towels that were on the floor. This was not a huge deal but it left me a bit puzzled. Lastly, Wifi was not free! Really?!?!? In 2018, is that not a standard amenity?

I would stay here again, but not for more than a couple of nights unless the hotel begins to offer free Wifi

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed in hundreds of Marriotts all around the world and the food and bar service at this one was the worst I have ever received. I stayed here for 4 nights on business. The hotel itself is fine; typically Marriott. The bar and restaurant however is another matter entirely. The sparse numbers of staff are rude, brusque and lack any level of customer service whatsoever. Food and drinks take ages to come out to you, is over salted or over sweet, and orders were frequently incorrect. Breakfast was a great range of food but the waitresses could barely bring themselves to serve you, taking over 20 mins to even deliver coffee. Plates weren’t cleared so the table stacked up with dirty plates and cutlery and the we were charged nearly $20 for the privilege. Come on Marriott, you can do better than this.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I stayed here with my daughter to visit Villanova University. Service was terrific. The woman who checked me in that evening, remembered me from the call I made earlier in the morning. She was very attentive and had everything ready for me. As a long-time Marriott Rewards member, I got free WiFi, free parking, one complimentary breakfast voucher for two, and Concierge Room access.

When we went to the Concierge Room, we were greeted warmly by the attendant. He was very courteous and helpful. We wound up talking about Villanova as he has some connection there as well.

The hotel itself was very clean and well kept...everything I love and expect from Marriott. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel us beautiful! The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The staff is very friendly. The pool is so clean and doesn't burn your eyes from too much chlorine. Only down side - $10 per night parking.

Great location. Close to King of Prussia, Philly, and the Turnpike.

I would definately stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Came here to the marriott west for a college visit with our son to Villanova....
very nice clean hotel ...we were lucky enough to choose the concierge level...
there was some snacks and light fare and drinks in a very nice lounge...Luigi greeted us after a long days and was very delightful to talk to and quite knowledgeable on visiting the area...What a great asset to the Marriott! Luigi made us feel right at home -
breakfast was also nice downstairs in the Legends restaurant ...
pool and hot tub were also a nice treat - room was very clean -we had adjoining rooms for the kids to stay next to us -my only issue was that bed was very hard -not very comfortable to sleep in...

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family