“Wide Selection of Food Including Chinese and Sushi, Desserts, and Even Ice Cream; But No Alcoholic Beverages”
Review of Royal House Buffet

Royal House Buffet
Ranked #20 of 296 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 2 December 2017

I visited Royal House Buffet on a Thursday evening around 5:30. The place was busy but not packed. I was quickly seated at a table and a server asked for my drink order – I got sweet tea. Once my tea was brought out I visited the buffet and noticed it had a large selection. I started with some salad; there’s only one kind of lettuce, but quite a few toppings, and next to the salad area was cold boiled shrimp and some clams on the half shell. I next visited the sushi bar and there are three sides to it with many different offerings. In addition to many types of sushi rolls, there is also seaweed salad and whole, cooked baby octopus (which I tried and found to be good). My third (and last) trip was to the Chinese food. Although there are quite a few seafood offerings – I’m pescatarian and don’t eat beef, pork, or chicken – most of them were not types with sauces. There was a seafood delight mix that is suitable over rice, but the other items I got – stuffed clam (on a shell), coconut shrimp, French fried calamari and octopus, baked flounder, etc. – were like entrees themselves. The sweet tea had an herbal fragrance to it which I didn’t expect; I’ll have to try regular tea next time. For those who like chicken, beef, and pork dishes, there were plenty of those, too. In addition to the typical desserts you’d see in a Chinese buffet, there were also several flavors of ice cream in big tubs like you’d see in an ice cream store. For $11.99, this buffet is a great deal, but I sure would have loved a beer!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Large selection of sushi and a variety of dumplings you don't see in other local buffets. Good amount of salad toppings, prepared salads, desserts and traditional Chinese dishes. Clean restaurant but no atmosphere and parking is inconvenient.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

If you like Asian buffets this is a great place. Freshly made sushi is just the beginning of a wide array of delicious choices. There is something to make everyone happy.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed this buffet and the food is fresh and waiting staff was ok. However two weeks ago Friday I was tailed through the door by several obnoxious millennials who were bursting out in obnoxious laughter and shouting various wisecracks. None of the staff made any attempt to calm them down or even shush them. I tried my best to ignore them but one started chanting "Chinese Buffet, Chinese Buffet" endlessly while the other started bursting out about his workout regime. I felt I was at a gym, and was unable to fully enjoy a peaceful and quiet experience. Id give it one star but the food was great. If you can handle a gym-like atmosphere id recommend
it.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I liked it and my family did as well. It was clean. Staff was attentive and cleared up when necessary. Everything was displayed nicely. Typical buffet style food.