“Not bad”

Newberry Sub Shop
Ranked #35 of 178 Restaurants in Williamsport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 July 2017

It can require a bit of work--and a LOT of patience--to get a sandwich here, but order carefully and it can be worth it. VERY important: when ordering a hot sandwich, be sure to ask them to toast the roll. They don't do it unless requested, and the rolls they use are on the doughy side--they really need it. They seem to be well-known for their cheesesteaks... the one I got was pretty good (except for the roll), loaded with beef. Actually getting it, though, was tricky. First attempt: I showed up 25 minutes before closing time, and the grill was already shut down. Be sure to get there at least an hour before closing if you want a hot sub. The second time, the customer right before me in line was trying to spend a bill they suspected of being counterfeit. This, apparently, required every employee in the place to stand around and gawk at it for 10 minutes while they tried to figure out what to do--as the line of customers lengthened. They also have not entirely assimilated the notion that they can take a customer's order while other orders are being assembled. I was there for at least half an hour for a take-out order--20 minutes longer than necessary.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

The place was recommended to me by two police officers. It seems to me they always know the best places to eat in their town. So I walked in and had a Philly cheese steak sub and a Pepsi for 7$. Couldn't ask for any better.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Very large portions at very reasonable prices and the ladies behind the counter are quite often a hoot. All and all a very good neighborhood restaurant.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

This sub shop is well known for their cheesesteak hoagies, and dont forget to ask for the toasted roll! Believe me, you won't be sorry if your a meat lover! I'm also a fan of their turkey cosmo. Very nice hometown atmosphere. Pays to call ahead on weekends, busy ,busy establishment!

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

My Co-workers and I arrived just before noon on a Friday. I wanted to try a cheese steak but didn't want to wait for a half hour. I went with a grinder instead and it was delicious!