“Been Around Forever”

Liberty Steaks & Hoagies
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Woodlyn
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Best hoagies and cheesestakes. Friendly people and quick service. they could use a little remodeling.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Whenever I visit Philadelphia I like finding the best places to eat a Philly Cheesesteak. Unfortunately this was not it! It tasted pretty average, I could have bought the same cheesesteak at a restaurant in Connecticut

Reviewed 29 October 2014

Okay so Liberty is in a not so great shopping center--trust me, it is worth the risk. I am not sure how Gino's and Pat's get all the publicity on the Food Network , but they really need to visit this place. We were in the area for a long weekend (wedding) and while at the rehearsal dinner the subject turned to cheese steaks. The "best man" who was at our table was a local and he said if you want the best cheese steak or Italian hoagie you have to go to Liberty.
On Saturday the 3 of us drove about 30 minutes to Liberty for lunch. We had them cut it in thirds and I cannot wait to go back. I am drooling just thinking about it. The rolls they use really make it a great cheese steak. They are right off Interstate 95 so if you are headed south or north it is worth the stop. Make sure you get it with fried onions too.
by the way my wife spotted a woman having a turkey sub and it looked delicious.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Bring your gun along, everyone is packing vibe here.
quick service. Place needs a remodel. Not a family atmosphere. My wife would not enter this dive. And the food is not good enough for a return trip. Shady weirdos hanging in the bar. Custom van parked in lot ready for a kidnapping. I decided to put a larger clip on my 9 before going in. Had no confrontation with the weirdos here today but will not press luck.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Haven't been there for a while. Used to love and go there when I was younger and more local than I am now. Just wasn't the same. I go with my spouse and get what I call Hot & Cold. We get a hoagie and a steak and eat half of each. Hoagie does nothing for me and the steaks went from spectacular to run of the mill.