“Great back porch to enjoy water views”
Review of Easton's Point Pub

Easton's Point Pub
Ranked #52 of 93 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Get the Easton Mule with Trio's vodka, ginger beer, lime juice served in a copper mug. Sit at the triple back porch angled to view the sunset views of the big pond reservoir.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I picked this place quickly, riding by and wanting to have some seafood before leaving town. They have a decent selection of beer on tap, you order at the bar, and they bring it to your table, service was friendly and fairly quick. It is not exactly a dive bar, but a simple waterfront pub, pretty much what I was looking for. A small deck gives views of the water, as do the tables inside. I originally imagined trying one of the restaurants in Newport, but quickly realized I did not have the time or inclination to battle the hordes of tourists.

I had a draft IPA and the fried clam belly platter, at market price it was more than I expected, but excellent whole clams (i.e., not strips). I'd probably try another place on a return visit, but for a simple quick fried seafood dinner I was perfectly satisfied.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Frederick V
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Very relaxed place. Pool table, dart board, bar, TVs, good food. Family place too. There were couples and families both.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Kirsy1
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This was our very first stop! The food and service were great, and our waitress was very friendly. She was able to give us advice on places to go, etc.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Suzanne K
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

We were in Newport with my family for Thanksgiving. My mom called on Wednesday to check that they were open. They said yes until 1am. (it was around 630pm at this time) my mom also checked that the "groupon" she was about to order would be honored tonight, they responded "of course!". we got my toddler son ready and headed over (takes a little time but not 7 hours) when we arrived the guy behind the bar came to take our order he told us the chef had "just gotten an emergency call, and was starting to close up the kitchen" so we had a limited menu and needed to order quickly. We rushed through and place our orders only for him to come out five to ten minutes later and say sorry kitchen is actually closed. (he assured us they'd be open the rest of the week, even Thanksgiving, and we could always stop back in) My mom was frustrated since the Groupon (might have been yelp or another type of coupon deal? I'm not sure) only worked at this restaurant, and she specifically called before purchasing it. Now, it was getting late and we were hungry. We packed up and trudged back into the rain. Thankfully the joint across the street was cleaner (AND less expensive). Ate a delicious meal for about what the coupon would have covered (in price difference). However, we thought we would try again before heading out of town. This time we arrived before 2pm on Friday (day after Thanksgiving) we explained the previous situation and that we had already bought this Groupon for the place.... Well AGAIN the chef was headed out the door... They also let it slip that on Wednesday she was sent home early because they were slow and it was a holiday.... SERIOUSLY we JUST called!! We wouldn't have bought the coupon and driven all the way down there had you been honest up front! (thanks for the lies and poor customer service) my advice is to just drive the twenty yards across the street....you won't be disappointed

Date of visit: November 2016