“Best Pizza in RI”

Providence Coal Fired Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Providence Coal Fired Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Reviewed 22 August 2016

They have done a great job remodeling this restaurant. The Pizza is by far the best in RI. On Mondays they have a 2 for one Margherita Pizza special. I have only have had one other pizza that compares and that is Frank Pepes in CT. Try it, I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Just wish they would add some grinders to their menu.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

I had the opportunity to visit the Providence Coal Fire Pizza table at the East Greenwich Rhode Island Food Stroll a few days ago and sample the meatballs. The food and service were excellent. Hope to get back to the restaurant itself soon;.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Went at 7pm on a Friday night. The place was busy but not full. The inside is all wood and it was so loud I had to yell to talk to the people around me. Would only go back on an off peak time. The brushetta was not traditional but was very yummy. We ordered different pizzas and all shared. Two out of the three were burnt. The pizza is so thin that anything with a lot of toppings has the chance of collapsing in your hand and making a mess of you. Luckily it was flavorful but I couldn't eat any of my end crusts because they were too burnt. Also, the parking lot is very small so they do valet parking.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

I will start by saying that they have very yummy pizza ... Lots of choices and lots of flavor. But honestly I go here for the lentil and hummus salad. I DREAM about this salad. It's a lovely mix of green leaf lettuce tossed in a bright vinaigrette dressing. The best parts are the layer of hummus the creation is placed over ( truly the best hummus I've had) and the lentils sprinkled over the top of the salad. It is quite a large salad that I always choose not to share because I eat every last bite!
My only suggestion would be for the restaurant to invest in some soundproofing because it gets very loud when it is crowded. Love the atmosphere and the staff (and the sangria)!

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Of course the pizza is amazing. But, the wings and hummus/lentil salad are also worth the trip. I had a thanksgiving pizza (special of the day) also worth a try. Service is good and there's always leftovers !!

Mike S, Manager at Providence Coal Fired Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Hey am420jeep, thanks for the positive feedback, we are glad to hear you enjoyed the hummus, lentil salad as well as the pizza. Thanks for making the trip and we hope to see you again soon!