“Delish!”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Charles St.
Transit: not available
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

This was the best Sushi we have ever eaten! The Summer rolls were good as well, if your in this area you must try this place.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

I had never eaten at Papaya until Taste of Beaufort last weekend. They were serving coconut shrimp that were incredibly good! With a mild sweet and sour sauce to top them off....YUMMY!

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Mediocre sushi, but not bad. It didn't have a huge selection and a lot of the rolls have cream cheese, which I hate. Service was quick and waiter was pleasant. Calamari was really good, as well as the blood orange and acai pomegranate martinis!

Khykham D, Owner at Papaya Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Thank you for your review. I just wanted to inform you that our rolls are made fresh with each order so you can omit the cream cheese or even work with your server to create your own roll. The only time ingredients can not be substituted is during Thursday's Half Priced Sushi Night.
We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

I usually just go to Papaya when I need a sushi fix... But they do have an awesome sushi selection, plus other entree options like duck with rice and veggies, and classic Thai dishes as well. Recently tried the jumbo coconut shrimp and was not disappointed...Good tom kah!! The Papaya crispy roll appetizer is amazing as well. Friendly staff, and you can usually find the owner rolling the sushi herself. They also have decent drinks and some beers. Sake, as well, of course!!

Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

Please take into mind the rest of my review first before judging. I was with a group of 7 and they seemed to think it was too large of a group and out is in the bar area. It seemed as if they wanted us to make our own table and took over five minutes to get us water. I inquired about menus and was told they didn't have enough for us to look at. At which point we did notice they had a full dinning area and we didn't feel like waiting a long time for our food so we left. I understand we had a large group but at that point we would have been there a long time and we didn't have that time to wait. They may have good food but at this point I am not looking to go back. I hope others have had a better experience for you to judge the food and service from.

1  Thank Kelly C

We welcome your review. We do remember your party. As I recall, every table was taken in the dining room during the rush of our weekly Half-price Sushi Night so instead of putting you on a waiting list we tried to accommodate you by creating an adequate space in the bar area. A petite employee was moving tables when a couple of gentlemen from your party offered to help. I'm sorry if that was offensive. We were packed at the time of your arrival so it did take a little time preparing your table and serving your water. I'm sorry that was unsatisfactory. We wish that you would give us another chance so you can try our delicious food. Perhaps a less crowded night would meet your expectations.