“Best She Crab Soup Ever”

Lowcountry Produce Market & Cafe
Ranked #7 of 169 Restaurants in Beaufort
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a full Market with a Cafe serving breakfast and lunch 7 days a week (on Sunday we serve Breakfast and Lunch until 3). We serve fresh hot doughnuts every morning along with our delicious breakfast and our LCP Burger was voted "Best Burger" in Beaufort!! Don't forget to try our Ooey Gooey and Frank's Furter, both featured in Southern Living Magazine. And we were named a "South's Top Shop" by Garden & Gun Magazine.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The best part of our meal was the She Crab Soup. It was fabulous. Rich with lots of crab. I am sorry that we shared a bowl instead of ordering our own with a sandwich. My salad was nothing special. Three scoops of tuna,egg and chicken salad over some greens with too much mayo for my taste. . Cute restaurant in an old post office. Nice service but extremely slow. Would definately return for their soup.

Amanda D, Manager at Lowcountry Produce Market & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our She Crab Soup, sorry to hear you did not enjoy our Salad Sampler a lot of people love being able to try 3 different cold salads in one meal. Our menu has so many options, maybe next time try our delicious lobeco chicken salad!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We loved our visit to Lowcountry Produce in the later afternoon for lunch. Everything about it was perfect and truly we don’t have enough positive adjectives to describe our visit! This is a must stop in Beaufort!

Service: We loved our waitress! She was sweet, engaging, and helpful! We went with her recommendations several times when ordering and she steered us correctly each time! She was attentive, but not overbearing! Our drinks were always full and the sweet tea was flowing!

Food: Amazing! We started with the tavern chips... blue cheese,scallions, bacon, and chips! They were gone in a flash! Each of us ordered something different, but we all loved it! One kid had the shrimp po’boy... loved the crispy freshness. The other son had a club. They were out of turkey, and easily substituted extra ham and bacon for him. He loved that! Husband had the fried chicken sandwich, and says it is the best he ever had! My ooey gooey was unreal. Grilled pimento cheese, bacon, and jam! Yes, please!!! Delish! The sides were all good. We loved the broccoli and raisin side, our waitress recommended that! We could not leave without dessert... so we ordered a banana pudding pie to share. It was a pie tin of goodness... literally my family was scraping the sides! So good!

Ambiance: great atmosphere, cute decor, assorted items to purchase, and cozy quaint feeling.

We loved this place and will sing its praises to any one visiting the area! Cannot go wrong!

Thank you so much for this fantastic review!! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed everything we have to offer and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Only gave it a five because it would not allow for a 6 star rating. Each thing we tried was amazing. The ooey gooey was terrific, the lobster blt was huge and amazing. One of the best sandwich places we have ever eaten. Waite staff was helpful and enthusiastic and gave great recommendations. Cannot say enough good things about this place.

1  Thank Kelly N
Amanda D, Manager at Lowcountry Produce Market & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you so much Kelly for taking the time and writing this awesome review! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I stopped in to try the she crab soup that I’ve heard so much about. It was hands down the best I’ve ever tasted. Very creamy and a lot of crab meat . I also had the Ooey Gooey sandwich. Grilled pimento, bacon, and their homemade garlic pepper jelly. It was incredible!! The service was outstanding. They are the nicest girls and are very efficient. I never went without. I’ll definitely come here again when I get back in town!!!

Amanda D, Manager at Lowcountry Produce Market & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Angela, thank you so much for this awesome review! I am so happy you enjoyed every bit of your experience with us at Lowcountry Produce, we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Beautiful old post office building. Bright and cheery. Great selection on the menu. The wait staff is very helpful and friendly,

Amanda D, Manager at Lowcountry Produce Market & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you Nancy for taking the time out and writing us this great review! We hope to see you soon.