“Always great food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West
Description: Creative Lowcountry Cuisine.... Plums is known for our ever changing menus. We combine seasonal fresh local ingredients in Global dishes.
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Plums is a favorite spot for us to visit and bring our out of town guests since we moved to Beaufort 2.5 years ago. Sometimes it’s really busy and a little slow, but the servers are always apologetic and explain when this is the case. The food is always consistently good; there’s nothing I’ve had that I wouldn’t order again! My 14 and 11 year olds love Plums also; so it’s kid friendly. They devour the flounder sandwich and fries! I love to eat on the porch when the weather is nice also. Definitely one of my faves! Shrimp and grits is one of my preferred dishes!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,680)

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We visited on a holiday weekend and dropped in for lunch. The wait was not awful (15 min). The view from the deck was fantastic, the service was great and the food was super (classic Reuben for her and shrimp burger for me).
Mark this one as worth a return visit.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Our friends recommended Plums so it was our first stop on our first trip to Beaufort! We were seated immediately, I didn't waste any time ordering the Infamous Goose Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand which didn't disappoint! My husband noticed a navy veteran sitting next to us and asked our waitress to bring him a beer on us. By the time she brought it out, at least 20 minutes, the gentleman had already left. The food was delicious, our only complaint was my husband had to send his fries back because they weren't hot. They brought him a fresh batch and they were nice and hot. I recommend eating outside, if you give them a try, the view is amazing!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We sat outside where we had a view of the park and the water. The waitress was very helpful and friendly. Lunch was casual and they had the best sweet potato fries. My friend had the Gumbo soup and it was delicious. Well located to walk anywhere in town.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

We returned to Plums with our friends visiting from Wisconsin to escape winter and were happy to sit outside in the gentle sunshine with river views. There is quite a variety to the menu from seafood to juicy burgers to wraps and salads. The shrimp burger is excellent, but I tried the Plums Club this time - a very generous sandwich with a side of their homemade potato salad for just $9.95. My husband opted for the Bacon Swiss Burger with sweet potato fries (his favorite side at Plums) for $10.95. Drinks include house and specialty wines, standard and craft beers. The Salt Marsh IPA got 4 stars, Sky Blue was also good. Our server Hailee was very knowledgeable and courteous and the outdoor setting was perfect.