“Frogmore Stew To Die For!”

Steamer Oyster & Steakhouse
Ranked #58 of 164 Restaurants in Beaufort
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 10 January 2018

We stopped here for lunch on our way to Hunting Island, just for the Frogmore Stew. I had never tasted it before and the chef at the Steamer prepared it perfectly. Waitress was very friendly and since it was a late lunch, it was not crowded. We had a very enjoyable lunch at the Steamer and I would definitely go back for their Frogmore Stew on my next visit.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Returned to Steamers on our vacation. Have been several times over years. SUPER every time. The food is so much better than like-places in neighborhood. Nice low-key neighborhood place. Service was FANTASTIC tonight. I had Frogmore Stew. Wonderful as always. A tradition for me-- drove 4 states to get it. Husband ordered Grouper and oysters. We took our time and savored every bite. The servings are huge, prices are VERY reasonable. It was a great evening with very yummy, well -prepared food!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

The only reason I did not give one star is that the food was not horrible. Please do not misunderstand. It really wasn’t all that good either.

The service was terrible. Slow and impolite. Our party thanked the waitress multiple times even though she was slow and clearly very inexperienced and not once did she reply with a “you’re welcome.” She delivered the check to the table before we all started eating and never returned to check in on us.

Do yourself a favor and do not go here.

2  Thank kshaley
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We stopped in at Steamers last Sunday (10-15-17). Tried the Gumbo soup, very, very good. Rich red sauce w/shrimp & sausage.
We also had the fried grouper. Excellent! Nice & crispy on the outside but most on the inside.
If we ever find ourselves back in Beaufort, you can bet we'll be stopping by!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Ate here while in town based on reviews. When we arrived, we were immediately seated. Our server informed us that they were understaffed (server wise) that night. The food was okay at best. The calamari was over cooked. I ordered grooper, but I got white fish instead. By the time our food arrived, I was willing to take what ever arrived. The crab cake my wife ordered, was good. The service was poor. We waited an hour to get our meal. Short staff is no excuse for poor meals.