“Great Lunch.....”

Price range: US$8 - US$21
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Charles St.
Description: Located in the historic Beaufort bank building. Panini's is a delightful blend of old world Italian charm and new world cuisine. We adapt our menu seasonally to feature only the freshest local ingredients. Unique and crispy Stone-Baked Pizza, Panini sandwiches, Hoagies, Large Salads for lunch. Dinner features fresh local Seafood, inventive Pastas, and hand cut Steaks prepared with a Mediterranean flare. Gluten Free Menu including pizza crust and pasta. Enjoy your dinner with a selection from our extensive wine list, including a Reserve list of select vintages. Outside patio dining and bar on the Chambers Waterfront Park overlooking the Beaufort River. Full bar inside and on the waterfront.
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch. Food was very good but as others said the waitress was slow. My wife and I split a small pizza. Was the perfect size for two (for us anyway).

Date of visit: November 2016
PaninisManager, Owner at Panini's on the Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2016

Hello Phillip, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Panini's. I am so happy that you enjoyed your pizza, and apologize for service being a little slower then normal. We hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

We chose to eat here today because it was a beautiful afternoon and this place offered outside seating with a great view of the waterfront. The restaurant was busy but not packed. After being seated by the hostess it was at least ten minutes before our server appeared to take drink orders. We then had to wait an additional twenty minutes for our food to arrive. I had the chicken salad panini and would not recommend it- it was very bland and there was way too much mayonnaise in it. My husband had a pepperoni pizza which he enjoyed. Unfortunately he did not receive his side salad until we had finished our meal. We had to remind our server to bring us silverware and flag her down for drink refills. There are many other restaurants to choose from during a visit to Beaufort. This place was mediocre and took way to much of our time today.

Date of visit: November 2016

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Panini's. I am sorry that your meal with us was not to your complete satisfaction, and we will take your thoughts constructively and try to improve our guest experience.

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Had lunch, this was a great place to sit out side. Crab cake salad was fantastic. Nice balance of flavor and texture. Great location to than walk and shop at neat little stores, and walk along the water. Very nice.

Date of visit: November 2016
PaninisManager, Owner at Panini's on the Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Panini's. I am glad you loved our Crab Cake Salad, it is definitely a favorite of mine! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

We ate outside overlooking the harbor and enjoying the patrons who brought dogs with them. The food was great and different, not the same old thing.
Our server Ginger was excellent.

Date of visit: November 2016
PaninisManager, Owner at Panini's on the Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Hello Suzanne, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Panini's! We are definitely 'puppy friendly', and even provide our canine guests with their own menu. I will pass along your kind words to Ginger, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

I am a traveling Ob/Gyn (drcathylbagleydotcom) who frequents Panini's along Beaufort's scenic riverwalk whenever possible. It's location, location, location is key as it's situated at the start of the riverwalk adjacent to an ample parking lot and marina allowing you to fuel up in preparation for a grand walk through down town for power shopping, along the riverwalk or across the scenic rotating bridge into Ladys Island. They offer indoor or outdoor umbrella patio waterview dining.

Panin's Italian inspired delectable offerings are P-P-P pretty popular ranging from brick oven gourmet single to multi-serving Pizzas, Pastas and Paninis.
My meat-loving partner ordered the Carne pizza featuring prosciutto and a host of other favorites yesterday. Thankfully, I got a small bite in before he devoured it all in record time. "Yes, it was that good," he unabashedly commented!

Their salad selections seduce palates seeking softer caloric experiences. I ordered the shrimp salad with jumbo lump crab add-on yesterday-yum! It was ample, served at room temperature and presented in a lightly spiced dill cream sauce that did not mask the delicate sea flavors.

Soups round out the menu masterfully prepared and presented in ramican boats with a freshly baked bread paddle overlay for navigation. My partner ordered their hearty, very rich She Crab soup. It was smooth but with an unexpected spicy kick and lumps of real crab meat. The small but I sampled before rapidly making down my partner's hatch, was noteworthy!

Sorry, I never ask for dessert menus having no room after appetizer and entres. I've adopted a "don't ask, don't tell" policy on the matter. Perhaps, one day I'll stop in for coffee and sweets turning a blind eye to Panini's other menu items...

Live musicians play outside (rock, pop no jazz-boo!) nightly on occasion during warmer months providing. Waitstaff are energetic, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, amiable-not sycophantic, overly interruptive or inattentive. If uncertain about wine pairings or what to order, ask for directions; your empty vessel will not be directed off course!

Drawbacks: restroom location and parking. Though restrooms are well decorated and inviting, individual stalls are small. Both their size and down stairs location make them handicap unfriendly. However, less than a block away exist marina restrooms open to public offering handicap access.

The restaurant itself, does not offer parking. An adjacent, convenient riverwalk parking lot and metered street parking are available costing about $1/hour. I recommend allow enough time for a relaxed meal, shopping and strolling ~ 3 hrs. There are strategically placed machines accepting all payment methods about that will issue tickets windshield display. Pay or definitely pay accept after 7pm on Mon-Sat.

In summary, you'll not go wrong stopping in for an indoor/outdoor taste of Panini's Italian inspired meals. Though service is fast, you'll not want to rush as you slowly savor food and scenery.

Date of visit: November 2016

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Panini's, and giving so many details for everyone. I am so glad to hear that you and your partner enjoyed everything you sampled, we will see you again soon!