“Good South Carolina BBQ!”

Dukes Barbecue of Beaufort
Ranked #3 of 171 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 20 December 2017

We had a group of 19 and they accommodated us without a question. Set aside the back room for us so we could celebrate our grandson's graduation from Boot Camp. They could not have been more welcoming and gracious. The food is served cafeteria style with one price for all you can eat. Our grandson had three heaping helpings of BBQ after 13 weeks in Marine Recruit Training. All of the food was great, especially the corn fritters!

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Always love this place. Just can’t go too often because it is so good and I eat too much. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

There is a write-up , on each table at this restaurant , telling the history behind the start of Duke's BBQ and how they are still using the original recipes for preparing the dishes.
Unless the quality of the products have changed dramatically , since the 1940's , I wouldn't rave about using the original recipes. Personally , I couldn't find the flavor in anything I ate. It all seemed bland , unless you put a sauce or ketchup on the food.

MyHarley, Owner at Dukes Barbecue of Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

You either didn't bring your taste buds or you are spreading false information with malice. If it is the latter, you must make your mother proud. Thou shalt not bear false witness against your neighbor. All of our food is highly seasoned according to old family recipes. We have won several awards for our food, including but not limited to, being picked as one of the best BBQ Restaurants in the nation by Southern Living Magazine, picked as the best BBQ Restaurant in the nation by other BBQ Publications, Award of excellence from TripAdvisor, and was just picked as one of the three best places to get the best fried chicken in the state of South Carolina. Thanks for giving us a try and I hope your taste buds get better. Have a blest day!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I have been a fan of Dukes for over 20 years. Being a NC guy it took me a little while to get used to a yellow sauce, compared to my usual vinegar based, but Dukes made me a believer. Now do I choose yellow if I'm in NC? Heck no, but Dukes is a real Barbecue place, and their hash, which was introduced to me here, is the best. The whole buffet is great and a transplant buddy of mine just asked me Tuesday about where to get the best BBQ in Beaufort. My response, DUKES!

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Went there tonight for dinner and as always the food was fresh and delicious. Catfish was out of this world good. Always clean and staff is friendly and always asks how the food is. I will continue to eat here for as long as they are open!