“Amazing brisket”
Review of Lewis Barbecue

Lewis Barbecue
Ranked #12 of 984 Restaurants in Charleston
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Everything we ordered, especially the brisket, was awesome! Kids loved the pulled pork, ribs and banana pudding. Great lunch! Be prepared to wait in line for awhile to order.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

OMG! This is the best brisket you can find anywhere! It melts in your mouth! If you are in Charleston, you MUST stop here! If I could give this 10 stars I would!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We visited Lewis's after two locals recommended it to us (and we happened to be at Revelry Brewing, which is right around the corner). The barbecue is some of the best I've had, rivaling the best of the best in Austin. We had a huge plate, full of brisket, hot guts, pork ribs, and potato salad, cole slaw, and my favorite of the whole plate, the green chili corn pudding. It was affordable and filling, and super high-quality. So glad it was recommended to us! Many different seating options inside and outside and great for big groups.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I had heard that Lewis' was the best barbecue in Charleston, so I could not resist going there. We ordered a few beef sandwiches, 4 slices of brisket, 6 pork ribs, sides of fried potatoes, chile con queso and chips, mac and cheese and corn pudding. The brisket was tender, juicy and had just enough smoke flavor to maximize the flavor. The ribs were also tender and just short of falling off the bone. The way they are supposed to be prepared. The roast beef sandwiches were piled high with tender, thinly sliced beef and enough horseradish sauce to give it just enough zing. All the sides were excellent and I can't see going wrong ordering any of them. Considering we didn't have any drinks, I found the price a little high, but these days popular tourist destination tend to charge more than than what we are used to paying at local hometown establishments. Fortunately, Lewis' doesn't depend on its name or location to attract customers, and in the end, the food delivered an extremely satisfying meal.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

As an English person I found it to be a very unusual restaurant. It was situated out of town, with very little comfortable seating for eating your meal.
However the food was great, I had a barbeque beef sandwich and as usual, by British standards it was huge, and also delicious. We went at lunchtime and needed no more to eat for the rest of the day
The service was very quick as all one had to do was queue up, order and the food was prepared in front of you, then pay. I suspect looking at the clientele that many were workers on their lunch break and the quick service was ideal.
Would I go again, the answer is a definite yes.