All reviewscirca restaurantsun roomeast winghors d'oeuvres and wineshrimp and gritsgas fireplacejacuzzi tubspiral staircasegourmet breakfaston site restaurantworking fireplacewine hourbottle of champagnesitting roomhigh ceilingshuge bathroomking street
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We just got home from a wonderful night at the Wentworth Mansion. I have had friends stay here before and they have raved about it so for Valentine's Day I surprised my fiancé with a night there and it was exceptional, best experience for a hotel. It's not even a hotel, it's an experience. We were greeted very warmly in the parking lot by Kenneth who unloaded our hands of our luggage and walked us to the entrance of the Mansion where Stephanie got us checked in. Before we knew it our luggage had left and was on its way up to our room. Kenneth gave us a short tour of the Mansion with a little bit of history and then showed us up to our room. We were in room 21 which is right next to the stairs to the Coppola, which is a do not miss. Our room was amazing to say the least. Huge room, with a jacuzzi tub and fireplace, and the bathroom and shower was equally impressive. We had a bottle of wine and took it up to the Coppola and watched the sunset over Charleston, you must do that if you stay here. When we came back from dinner our room was lit with candles and a bottle of champagne greeted us. The next morning we had breakfast at the restaurant, Circa 1886, the breakfast and service was superb. All in all this place is a splurge for sure, on the pricey side, but even if you only do it for one day of your visit to Charleston I would say DO IT!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Wentworth Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Thank you for such a glowing review of the Wentworth Mansion. The team at the Mansion strives to deliver an exceptional experience to each and every guest. I am so pleased to read that this Valentine's Day was so memorable. It is my hope that you visit again soon for another special evening. Thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

My husband & I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Wentworth Mansion. What a wonderful place to stay! Stayed in room #21, absolutely beautiful! Came back to room the first night, there was a bottle of champagne chilling, candles lit & card wishing us a Happy Anniversary! What a nice surprise! Service was outstanding! Thank you Ben & Aly!!

1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 25 January 2013

This place is awesome. They go out of there way to make your stay perfect. I worked with the concierge staff for two weeks prior to our stay to make sure everything was perfect for the engagement. They were unbelievably helpful. Circa 1886 attached is spectacular for both dinner and breakfast. Couldn't have asked for a better place to propose. The spa is terrific too. Thanks Wentworth for the amazing service.

Room Tip: Stayed in a Mansion King Suite. It was perfect. The room had a fireplace, dual-nozzle shower and jacuzzi tub. Awesome.
1  Thank NeilSneilorSteve
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Wentworth Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Congratulations to you and your fiance! Thank you for sharing these special memories. I am proud to read your notes about our staff here at the Mansion and our restaurant Circa 1886. They never tire of helping our guests with special occasions. We hope you'll return to celebrate many more milestones with us here in Charleston.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

We were visiting Charleston for my wife's birthday, and the Wentworth Mansion was the centerpiece of the entire experience. The superior service provided by the Wentworth's staff started from the moment I made the reservation. On more than one occasion leading up to our trip, I was contacted by the staff to ensure that they could provide any assistance necessary to ensure that we had an excellent vacation. Upon arrival, from the bellhop to the Management to even the cleaning staff (and I can't forget to mention Zach, the driver who helped us get all over town), everyone was incredibly endearing and attentive to our needs. All of them took the time to greet us at every occasion and used our names throughout the weekend, something very simple, yet an art of superior client service that is lost in most businesses. Beyond this, I unfortunately sprained my ankle while on the trip. The staff even took the time to make medical facility recommendations, make recommendations on delivery restaurants since I spent the entire last day of the trip in bed, and they even provided us with a key to a lower level door to make my walk on crutches that more bearable. They sincerely seemed concerned about my injury and made every effort to assist my wife and I with an unfortunate and unexpected part of the trip.

The Mansion itself is absolutely stunning and like a piece of period art. Our room was by far the most beautiful we've ever stayed in. We joked that it was like being Royalty for the weekend as our residence is quite modest by comparison.

We want to thank everyone working at the Wentworth Mansion this weekend. I'm not sure that I will stay anywhere else upon returning to Charleston. The team at the Wentworth Mansion provided us Luxury with Heart. Thanks, the Jordans

Room Tip: I'm not sure that you can go wrong anywhere on the property
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Wentworth Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Thank you for such an outstanding review. I am so sorry to read about your sprained ankle, but am happy that our staff kept you comfortable- and were still able to enjoy Charleston. Your story is exactly why I, as owner, take such great pride in our staff. They are an incredible team that goes above and beyond to care for their guests. We thank you for staying with us and hope you are back on your feet again. We look forward to future visits.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

A unique and perfect experience in a world otherwise filled with compromise. Service was perfect from our very late arrival through our departure a week later. The 1886 building is an masterpiece of the period architecture and is in excellent repair. Our room was well appointed (spa, fireplace, very comfortable bed with your choice of down or polar flees pillows, a consistently well stocked refrigerator, spa and to die for chocolates every evening).

The concierges were as good or better than any. They were always extremely helpful, delivered results promptly, and had a vast knowledge of the city and city features.

We enjoy walking, and though we would ride a cab or bicycle cab on occasion we walked a great deal. Downtown was only a few blocks and made for a nice diversion as well as providing much needed exercise after the wonderful breakfast. On that note this is not your parents B&B. Breakfast included at least 6 choices (including the day's special) for the main course and was served by professional and charming wait staff. The food (breakfast and dinner) was the best we had in Charleston of the 5 restaurants where we ate. We walked to the Mansion every evening after dark feeling entirely safe and without any hint of possible problems. We never ventured north of Calhoun Street; however, Charleston south of Calhoun seems to be one of the safest cities we have visited.

I will admit the weather was perfect (I guess not your typical January, but I am not complaining) and was not a distraction.

In summary I would recommend the Wentworth Mansion without reservation.

1  Thank Ed1099

I enjoyed reading about your stay here at the Mansion. Thank you for such a fantastic review. You must have experienced the streak of 70+ degree weather we had. It was a treat and it sounds like it enabled you to explore Charleston by foot. I am thrilled that you enjoyed a relaxing, five-star stay, as that is exactly what our staff strives to deliver. We look forward to hosting you again. Thank you.