All reviewsking streetreid streetking studio suitehistoric districtvalet parkingaccommodate guestshotel feelsfree busesvalet attendantfull kitchenfront desk agentmeeting streetvisitor centerhilton honorsnight liferestaurants and shoppingadjoining rooms
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Fairly new and very clean. The staff was professional and helpful. Breakfast was hot and pretty tasty for this kind of meal in this venue. Lots of options for breakfast.
One really nice thing was that this hotel was easy to get to and was only two blocks from the Charleston Visitors center, where you can get info on the city and make connections for tours. Also a shuttle is available. The hotel was very quiet for an inner city location. Very good price point for the quality and location.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and could not see much of the city. Choose a room on an upper floor-I bet the views up there are pretty good.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
DeAngelo2018, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

When we arrived we were greeted by Vincent, who was very friendly and accomodating. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. Everyone was friendly and accommodating but something about Vincent stood out when he first greeted us.In fact the hotel was so nice that my new dress decided to stay and not go home with me.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to let Vincent know about your satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Our room was just huge and very nice. Breakfast had many choices. Everyone who works there is extremely friendly and accommodating. The parking is valet only. There is a happy hour every day with snacks in the afternoon. This is a modern hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nancy S

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I am staying here with my son over spring break to explore Charleston. The hotel is in a great location and we have been walking to everything. The hotel is relatively new and it feels new. No beat up carpets or walls. Really nice towels - better than most hotels. There's a nice desk in the room so my son has been able to keep up on his school work while I'm doing my own thing. I would definitely recommend it. The only disappointment has been breakfast. The first day we went down it was pretty much picked clean and a mess. They seemed woefully understaffed for a full hotel. The water was empty and dirty dishes were everywhere. And we were well within the breakfast window. They were not replenishing bagels and bread it was just gone. The second morning when I went down early to get coffee it was much quieter but I was surprised to find out that they had run out of half and half. They only had Coffee Mate - fake creamers. For coffee people this is hard to understand, how do you run out of this? And if you do, why not go to a store and just buy some? Hotels can not mess up coffee! Like ever. This is basic stuff. Suffice to say this would not prevent another stay here but I would not consider the free breakfast a true perk as we are going elsewhere for that.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Carolyn H

Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry we did not meet your expectation in the breakfast area. I am the new General Manager and I agree with the needed changes in breakfast, I will be sharing all of this information with my F&B team and together we will make immediate changes to ensure total satisfaction moving forward. Please allow us another chance to make it right and serve you again! If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to reach me directly at chsms,gm@Hilton.com.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Though we were surprised upon arrival that valet parking was our only option...unless you want to walk a couple of blocks, the overall stay and experience was exceptional. The rooms were nice and large with plenty of room to spread out and all the conveniences needed for our 6 night stay. We lucked into a corner room, which made our room feel well lit and open. The large shower was a nice plus. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The complementary breakfast was good with several choices...both hot and cold. To our surprise on Monday-Thursday evenings there is also complementary heavy hors d'oeuvres, wine and beer! This is a new hotel, just opening (we were told) in Aug 2017. The new feel was still apparent and can hopefully be maintained. Though it was too far from the city center to be walkable for us, it would be no problem for younger groups.

We highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple