“Wonderful Eatery”

Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 936 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Cumblerland
Transit: Public Transit (bus) stop is located directly in front of the restaurant.
Description: Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar opened in 2009, reviving the former Amen name of Cumberland Street and restoring this historic corner. The new renovation stays true to the beauty of the original 1800's architecture while creating a comfortable atmosphere for contemporary life. Located at 205 East Bay Street in the heart of the historic district this Charleston seafood restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor dining all within walking distance of the local Market and the Charleston Harbor. The menu includes a variety of seafood dishes such as oysters, clams and shrimp in addition to an ever growing raw bar menu. Amen Street supports Charleston's local fishing industry with market fresh fish. We are open for lunch and dinner. Walk-ins are welcome and reservations are accepted as well.
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We have family in the Charleston area, so we have visited many, many restaurants over the years. While in the downtown market, one vendor recommended Amen Street. Being that it is located just around the corner from the market, we headed that way. We were NOT disappointed!! We shared the shrimp corn dogs—these were absolutely delicious—however, next time I will probably secure an order just for myself. I had the shrimp and grits (Charleston really has cornered this market) and they were as good as any I have eaten. All three of us had something different and we were all thoroughly pleased. A re-visit is definitely in our plans next time we are in the Charleston area . . . in fact, we would travel out of our way to eat there again. Check out their menus online.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

everything was great. charleston has phenomenal food - and AMEN will be one of the first places i make a return trip!!!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We tried several seafood restaurants and this was our favorite! Shrimp corn dogs were very good. A friend ordered fresh fish with the blackened preparation and said it was great. My husband and I tried the restaurant week special which was three courses. The She crab soup was the only disappointment, not enough crab, but seafood course and pecan pie were terrific. Worth a stop if you like seafood

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited for the eclipse so Charleston was PACKED, but we found this little gem on the second night of our stay and loved it so much we went back the next two nights after that as well.

He had whatever the fish Special was for the day and I had a salad topped with crab cake.

Cocktails were fresh and tasty, and the oysters are a must!!!! Would strongly recommend making reservations unless you don't mind eating at the bar like we did. We enjoyed eating at the bar though and talking to the bar tenders who were all lovely!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We visited during Charleston Restaurant Week and went for the 3 for $35 (starter, main, dessert). We are locals and know seafood. My she crab soup was thin and runny and the snapper (over a block of greasy grits) HAD to be the same Indonesan frozen filets I buy routinely at the supermarket. In itself, a good product for home cooking, but not resturant caliber. My wife enjoyed her pasta but her ahi salad was not so good - tuna cut thick, tough (right off the low-budget sushi truck?) and small portion. We both ordered the pecan pie which was so sugar-sweet as to make your teeth curdle. Our server was pleasant (though a little of the "you guys" type - we were old enough to be her parents...where does THIS end?) but the resto is right on the tourist beat, so pretty busy. We will not be back.

1  Thank Manco T