“down by the water.....”

Tabbuli Grill - Mediterranean & American
Ranked #223 of 938 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Upper Concord Street
Reviewed 4 June 2015

Delicious appetizer trio of hummus, falafel and egg plant based baba ganoush dip. Outdoor, tent -like area lets in a bit of the sea breeze.

Reviewed 14 May 2015

Our concierge recommended Tabbuli for dinner, so my daughter and I tried it on a Saturday evening. Middle Eastern cuisine is not my first choice, but the food here was excellent. The jalapeño falafel was divine, the babaganoush was smoky and flavorful, and the Ayopa Street Pizza topped with a rich and runny fried egg was beyond yummy.

The menu is small and quite modestly priced, especially for Charleston. It's definitely not fine dining, but it is a lot of fun. We chose to eat outdoors in the hookah bar, which has a very exotic ambience. The drinks were wonderful; try the infused vodkas for something really special. They have delicious non-alcoholic coolers for the DD, as well; try the peach and hibiscus flower.

The really great thing about dinner here was the service. The hostess was warm and friendly, our waitress was cheerful, quick, and made excellent recommendations, and everyone who came to our table (yes, we even tried a hookah--it was fun!) seemed to enjoy being there and their sense of enjoyment was contagious.

I totally recommend this as something different and out of the ordinary, as well as delicious and inexpensive, for lunch or dinner in Charleston.

Reviewed 5 May 2015

A couple friends and I decided to have apps and drinks because we've never been to Tabbuli Grill before. Everyone was really nice and friendly, but service was slower than molasses. We sat outside and my friend was able to have her dog join us! We ordered their "famous" bloody mary and it was ok..I've definitely had better. I wouldn't order it again. The dressing on the bloody mary were over the top. We ordered the hummus trio and that was pretty good! However, they gave maybe 16 pita triangles and when we had to order more-two times they charged us 4 dollars each time for 8 more pita triangles. Ridiculous. We also got a hookah which was fun, but I don't know how sanitary those things actually are. If I were to go back, I would have a regular drink, as they're specialty cocktails are completely overpriced! I'll make sure to bring my own pitas as well.

Reviewed 23 April 2015

We had just arrived at our hotel around 8PM and the front desk staff recommended Tabbuli's as a nice restaurant that was near to our hotel. My husband and I both enjoy Mediterranean food, so we were all in! We were even more pleasantly surprised, however, when we walked through the doors! The ambience was just so, well, Mediterranean!! It was warm, inviting, and relaxing as soon as we stepped in. The staff was very friendly and the food was absolutely wonderful!!! High recommendation for this one!!

Reviewed 23 March 2015

We went here with friends and enjoyed a great lunch. I had the lamb kebabs ...excellent! My husband had a burger...wonderful with too many fries! Service was attentive and the price was reasonable. We would definitely recommend this restaurant