New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Pavilion Bar
Ranked #51 of 876 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Fargo, ND
“Beautiful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Good beer and wine by the glass. Even on a cool evening, the heat lamps and lighting made for a perfect pre-dinner cocktail spot. Loved it.

Visited February 2012
MarketPavilionGM, General Manager at Pavilion Bar, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you felt that even on a cool evening, the heat lamps and lighting made for a perfect pre-dinner cocktail spot. I was pleased to read that you loved it. We hope you will return soon, so that we might have the chance to serve you again.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Pavilion Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

They could charge $20 for drinks but you can't beat the view. Just mind the pool!

Visited August 2011
MarketPavilionGM, General Manager at Pavilion Bar, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Thank you for visiting the Pavilion Bar. I am glad you enjoyed the view. We hope you will give us the chance to serve you again.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rooftop Bar service - terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Not only was the service slow (we waited 10 min for a server to greet us at 2pm on Saturday, only half capacity) but we were refused a cup of coffee after ordering numerous drinks and a bottle of white burgundy.

The mystic tan-clad waitress hid her shame behind large obnoxious sunglasses and told us it was a "management policy" that we could not be served our beverage of choice. She told us to go downstairs and get it ourselves.

Angry and unsatisfied, I went to the bar with my valet ticket and politely asked the sloppy bartender with 2 day stubble if he could call the car, and he replied that he did not have a phone at the bar, which was a lie. I called earlier and asked about a credit card we left the day before.

The way we were treated was unacceptable for any establishment, much less one with high (albeit overrated) accolades and I will be permanently scorned. Think twice before you waste your time and money here.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wholc
MarketPavilionGM, General Manager at Pavilion Bar, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Thank you for your candor. I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit to the Pavilion Bar. We in fact do not have coffee available at the Pavilion Bar. Because the pool is located on the roof we cannnot have glass or china products and serviing coffee in a paper cup is just not the appropriate presentation, therefore we only serve it in Grill 225 or the lobby bar. I can also tell you that we do not have a phone at the lobby bar, so the bartender was not lying to you at all. I can assure you that the staff was not trying to give you a hard time but rather trying to assist you the best they could. I will investigate the wait that you mentioned, that should never have happened. But as you noted, we do receive high accolades and for this reason, I am sorry we could not please you. I do hope however, you will return so that we have the chance to show you just how much we care.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Great Place to Relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

The food menu was rather limited although everything we ate here was excellent. We stayed in the hotel, and having this bar close at hand greatly enhanced our visit. The atmosphere and the views make this one of the best places in town to relax with a drink.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarketPavilionGM, General Manager at Pavilion Bar, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Thank you for chosing the Pavilion Bar. I am glad you felt the atmosphere and views make it one of the best places in town to relax. I hope that when your travels bring you back, you will give us the chance to serve you again.
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Best view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

This rooftop bar is an excellent place to take visitors for the view, drinks and appetizers.

MarketPavilionGM, General Manager at Pavilion Bar, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the view, drinks and appetizers. We hope you will return soon and give us the chance to serve you again. Thank you.