“Great food and service - don't miss it!”
Review of Jestine's Kitchen

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Jestine's is a pretty casual place, but their food is fabulous. I happened to walk by and decided to stop for lunch and I'm SO glad I did. The service was friendly and efficient. The food was excellent. I tried two dishes I've always been curious about - fried green tomatoes and fried okra. Both were excellent! Plus I got a fried nut-encrusted white fish that was delicate and delicious. The restaurant gets busy, so be aware of your timing. I went at an off time (mid afternoon) and was lucky that there was no line. I can understand why it's so popular!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

After years of saying I was going to eat here I finally got to. No lines today as it is just a few days after a hurricane/storm. Had to wait a minute for someone to acknowledge and seat us. There were people at 2 tables. Our server came out quickly with waters and pickled cucumbers, he was very attentive through out our stay. Appetizer of fried green tomatoes was out quickly, they were good not great. After deciding to get the pecan crusted chicken on a salad I flipped and got a BLFGT, Bacon, lettuce and fried green tomato sandwich. The sandwich was good, filling, the bacon was the best part of the sandwich, thick and more than enough. Very disappointed with the bread, just toasted wheat bread. After hearing the server talk to the next couple who came in I wish I would have ask him more about the menu. If I return I will get the pecan crusted chicken or the meat loaf, it smelled and looked wonderful. Jestine's is a quaint, small establishment. I enjoyed the collections and the art work on the wall on the way to the rest room. The building is old and you can see some of the original brick. All in all I'm glad I went. I would probably go back, next time hungrier, if I didn't have to stand in line.

1  Thank luvgoing
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I go to Jestins every time I visit Charleston. Not fancy, but good is soooo good and southern!
Love it. And waitress was so helpful on this last visit, explains all the different food dishes to the new folks that were with me.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

There are a lot of pricey options available, but this was very good southern cooking with all the options. Definitely recommend the Pimento Cheese w/house benne crackers; we split an order of the pecan fried chicken breast so we could sample more sides. Hands down favorite was the mac & cheese.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We tried a little bit of alot of things. Cold shrimp, fried shrimp, crab cake, fried green tomatoes, cornbread and Mac and cheese. It was all delicious!