“Great stuff!!”

High Cotton Charleston
Reserve with OpenTable
High Cotton Charleston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 938 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Cumberland
Description: High Steppin' Lowcountry Living. It's a feeling of warmth and celebration that begins the moment you step inside. You'll find it in our gracious, knowledgable servers, expertly prepared dishes and a remarkable cocktail and wine program. From conversation and laughter in our bar to our stylish dining rooms of heart pine floors and antique brick, you'll come to understand true Charleston hospitality. That is, there's always cause for celebration - of our neighbors, our food and drink and each other. It's our great pleasure to share it with you.
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Food was great, service was excellent and the atmosphere is perfect for a charleston brunch. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I have to start with the service because it consistently great. Everyone who helped us was very knowledgeable and happy that we were there. It was almost like everyone was an owner and very much invested in giving us a great experience. The filet mignon is very well prepared--perfectly cooked with great flavor. The shrimp and grits have a jambalaya character which makes them irresistible. I wouldn't normally order shrimp and grits at a restaurant of this caliber but in this case, I might get them the next time I'm in Charleston! The wine list is quite good with a great variety of options and prices and the sommelier was very helpful with suggestions and advice.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

A very elegant southern style restaurant. Coming from the north - New Jersey to be exact- I find these southern restaurants maintain what I. Insider to be their their southern flavor atmosphere and style. On the menu was a tomato and burrata salad. You bid not like the burrata cheese due to gastric distress. I prefer the northern to Arie and onion salad made famous in the northern steak houses. Here was a unique interpretation of the tomato and onion salad which I found excellent. Heirloom yellow tomatos with an arugula center trace of salad and a few red onions it could have been more red onions. Surrounded by an excellent pesto sauce and bathed in a vinaigrette salad dressing. It was most delicious. Here is a picture

Ellen had a very nice basic field greens salad which she did not speak through during the entire time she ate the salad. A picture of here salad.

I love the fact that he salad is housed in slices of cucumber.

Before I get to the main courses, is like to mention the ambience of this particular restaurant. It was lovely and unassuming. The term that Ellen coined as casual elegance is an appropriate description of this restaurant. It is both sophisticated and yet works wonderfully simple at the same time. We felt real that at home here. You could have worn my nice $50 flip flops and still feel very comfortable. I actually wore nice sorry boat shoes.

Main courses were next. I had a filet mignon and Ellen had the halibut special. It was bathed in a special curry sauce. Again Ellen was silent during the meal which indicated that she was totally immersed in the experience. I had the filet my mignon. 8 oz portion. Now I like my steaks to be slightly pink but not medium as medium tends to be mushy. So I like it just a minute or two over medium. It's difficult to pull off but High Cotton and their chiefs pulled it off. I haven't enjoyed a steak like this for a long time. Ellen's dinner

My dinner.

I also had a side order of toasted mushrooms which complemented my filet to the max. I ate just about every bite with a combination of steak and mushrooms.

Instead of dessert , we had a night cap at the lovely bar inside the restaurant. I had a Cognac and Ellen had something different, she had the same Chardonnay that she had at dinner. I don't know how she keeps drinking the same thing all the time

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Great food - great service - good atmosphere - good location - not expensive - and they had Jefferson Bourbon

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Seven of us were here for a birthday Saturday brunch; just fabulous! Very elegant surroundings, service was swift and food delicious, well presented. Best cornbread. And the icing on the cake was listening to Red Cedar Review, live band, just set the right mood for what I thought was typical Southern dining. Can highly recommend.