“Great experience”
Review of Coast Bar & Grill

Coast Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Coast Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 938 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Established in 2002, and housed in what was originally an indigo warehouse, this Charleston fish house redefines "fresh" from the menu to the decor. COAST features 40-ft ceilings, rustic tin roofs, and paintings from around the world, creating an atmosphere reminiscent of an eclectic beach bar. Enjoy a Peach Blanco Sangria outside on the patio, or a delicious bottle of wine in the spacious bar lined with preserved palm trees. COAST's chefs meet daily with local farmers and fishermen to procure the freshest seafood and produce in the Lowcountry. At the heart of the restaurant is the hickory and oak custom made wood burning grill, a feature you will only find at COAST. The menu incorporates Charleston Classics with our chefs' unique creations. Local favorites include the selection of wood-grilled fresh fish, Seared Rare Tuna, Fish Tacos and the full raw bar. Additional original plates are offered nightly to take full advantage of our city's bountiful local ingredients. A great deal of time and attention goes into compiling a wine selection to match the flavor of our wines to the dynamics of COAST's dishes. The wine list features organic and biodynamic producers. COAST makes every effort to support up-and-coming global wine makers, while simultaneously finding only the highest quality products!
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed both the ambiance and service here. I took advantage of the fixed price Restaurant Week Menu, and we benefited from Sunday 1/2 price bottles of wine before 8 p.m. We definitely lucked out with both of those! My shrimp ceviche was very good, and I enjoyed my steak, Bacon-wrapped shrimp, and mashed potatoes very much. My husband LOVED his flat iron steak and creamed spinach. We finished by sharing my chocolate mousse, which was perfect.

Kinsey R, Public Relations Manager at Coast Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Hi,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable dining experience with us recently at Coast Bar & Grill and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant while traveling on vacation. I was glad we'd made a reservation because there was a wait for those without one. We were seated very promptly. Our waitress, Heather, was great.

Mom ordered from the Restaurant week special options. She was very pleased with the shrimp ceviche appetizer. The flounder was pretty standard as fried fish goes, and the panna cotta dessert was light and refreshing. I was disappointed with the crab and avocado ravioli from the standard menu. It had lots of lettuce. It was pretty, yet the ravioli was cold and stuffing was pretty bland. I couldn't taste crab or avocado. I wasn't a fan of the seafood manicotti, but that's more personal preference than a fault of the dish. Too rich for me, which masked the seafood flavors.

There was a lot of noise and the lighting was dim. It was hard for my 80+year old mom to read the menu or hear conversation.

Kinsey R, Public Relations Manager at Coast Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent dining experience. We apologize that your visit was less than exceptional. I have shared your review with our management team. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly at info@coastbarandgrill.com

Kind regards,
Kinsey Rogers
Marketing

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I am sooooo happy we stumbled on this culinary find. I can honestly state that out of the 8 days of eating in Charleston, the meal I had here is in the top two favorites. I had the crusted ahi tuna and I enjoyed EVERY bite.

I do NOT know why I am not seeing this restaurant mentioned in places to eat in Charleston or for that matter the South. I am ready to go back.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We live locally and were looking for a causal dinner on a Thursday evening at a restaurant we had not visited before.
We chose Coast Bar & Grill and were very satisfied, my wife said with out a doubt we will be back.
We had made reservations and were promptly and politely greeted & seated. Our wait person arrived with recommendations and suggestions of daily specials. We had crab dip and calamari which were very well prepared and tasteful. Wife said calamari was maybe best she has had. We had a surf and turf meal. Steaks were cooked exactly as ordered and shrimp, bacon wrapped, were delicious.
We had an excellent experience and exceptional meal. We will be returning and bringing out of town guests.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent choice in the Charelston area. We were here thanks to traffic returning from Irma evacuation, but what a great way to turn a negative into a positive! Wait staff (we had Brittani) was excellent and full of good menu advice! Kid and DOG friendly!! You might want to make a reservation if you are bringing dogs... If you are in Charleston this is a must visit!