“Excellent Steakhouse!”
Review of Oak Steakhouse

Oak Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Oak Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 938 Restaurants in Charleston
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Charlestowne
Cross street: State Street
Reviewed 10 September 2017

My boyfriend and I had an early dinner here during our trip to Charleston. I have multiple severe food allergies and Andrea made me feel so comfortable. She made sure the waiter and chef were well versed in my allergies and alleviated any concerns. I had mashed potatoes and steak, which was cooked perfectly. My boyfriend had a salad, which he loved. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, especially if you have food allergies. Be sure to call ahead. The ambiance was nice too - not snobby or pretentious, but upscale. One of my favorite meals on the trip for sure!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I wish I could rate Oak Steakhouse 10 STARS! Where do I start......??? I was traveling with (3) of my girlfriends for our yearly 'girls road trip', and I decided to make reservations at Oak, as we we were all craving a delicious meal. When I called, Andrea answered, who I later found out was the manager, and she was AMAZING! She was NOT only extraordinarily pleasant & upbeat, but she even expressed how excited she was about meeting my friends and I. AND, if that wasn't enough, when she found out we were traveling from another state, she even gave me her cell number, just in case we got lost. I have NEVER had that happen before! We actually couldn't wait to meet HER!!

Upon arrival, we were greeted by EVERYONE, as if they were waiting for their friends to arrive, -- which, by the way, was an incredible feeling. Andrea then introduced herself, and greeted me with a huge hug, and we were then treated with a glass of sparkling wine (since I had shared with Andrea that we were celebrating a birthday -- JUST AMAZING! Stephen was our server, who was absolutely divine as well, and the meal was absolutely scrumptious -- (the steaks melted in our mouths), the summer salad was to die for, and the desserts (they treated us with a sampler), were EXQUISITE!!!!!!

I have not only shared my experience with friends and family, who can't wait to get there, but I will shout it to the mountain tops -- YOU HAVE GOT TO VISIT OAK STEAKHOUSE in CHARLESTON, SC -- you will NOT be disappointed!!!!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We were seated immediately The restaurant occupies an old bank. The menu has many different choices. We each had salads I had the 8oz filet My wife had scallops. Both were delicious and prepared to perfection We had the lobster mac and cheese as a side which was outstanding. Our server Steven was attentive but did not hover. All in all a delightful experience

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We won a gift certificate for a Dinner with Wine Pairing through a Ronal McDonald House Charity Auction. Since we had eaten at Oak Steakhouse before we had targeted that item. We walked from our hotel to the restaurant and even though we weren't driving in, the valet hurried over to get the door for us. Nice beginning. The hostess seated us on their mezzanine. Our server Steven was superb. Not every server you meet can walk that line of remaining professional but friendly and helpful at the same time. The food and wine courses were excellent. The charcuterie-style app really set the tone. For our entree'. it may sound odd but a side pasta Bolognese was as good as I've eaten in any Italian restaurant. The filet was cooked exactly right, the Brussels Sprouts were very good. Dessert was a classic Creme' Brulee for me and something chocolate for my lovely companion. I don't recall exactly as I was pretty self-involved at the time.The manager stopped by and checked on us and later the hostess stopped by and chatted with us. All in all, it was an excellent experience.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

My wife and I visited one hot and steamy summer evening and enjoyed everything. The staff are all very interested and enjoy producing an excellent experience for their guests; totally first class, can't wait to return.