“Great BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and love to eat BBQ when we are traveling. We ordered the three meat platter with two sides. We ordered brisket, sausage, and ribs. Our sides were creamy mashed potato salad and hash with rice. The ribs were my favorite as they we big with a lot of meat and juicy. The sausage was flavorful and crispy. The brisket was our least favorite because we felt it was a little dry. All the meats come to you with only a rub and then you pick the sauce you want on the meat. I personally like my bbq with a smoky flavor but this restaurant doesn't smoke their meat. The hash was totally different than I expected. When I think of a hash I am thinking there are bits of potato in the dish. This was just ground up end pieces of meat with a sauce on top and rice on the bottom. This dish was good but I wouldn't order it again. Since we had a lot of meat already I didn't need a side dish with extra meat. The creamy mashed potato salad had bacon in it and it was good. We ordered the wing appetizer and they were really tasty.

Angel_Pow, Public Relations Manager at Swig & Swine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon, thank you for dining at Swig & Swine!

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I had the BBQ pork and tried all the sauces on it, my favorite wS the sauce with jalapeño peppers and the vinegar sauce. The stew was different from the stew I typically eat, but it was full of brisket and really good. My husband had the Pork Belly and Sausage meat plate, his favorite was the Pork Belly. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that likes BBQ.

This review made us hungry! We like to experiment with different sauces here at Swig & Swine, we think it makes every experience unique! We hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

First time here. Wait person was very pleasant and patient. Did a good job of checking on us during our meal. Pulled pork, was great with a nice bark. Pork belly was awesome. Brunswick stew and beans were unusual but good. Good portions at a reasonable price.

Thank you for joining us at Swig & Swine. It's always nice to hear from our guests and we appreciate you taking the time to write this review!

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

This place never disappoints. I try BBQ place almost everywhere we go on vacation. This one is, by far, the best in the southeast. Chef Anthony has a good thing going crafting whole hog BBQ and delicious side (the corn pudding is my top pick). My wife loves the smoked wings a long with the mac and cheese. Do yourself a favor and visit this place!

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review! Our pitmaster Anthony has been doing this for years; it's his passion! We hope to have you back again very soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Being from Texas, we love BBQ and we think we're pretty good judges as well. This place was awesome. Friendly and fast service (thanks, Bill!) delicious meats and sides! My fav was the brisket and mac n cheese. A good trip away from hustle and bustle of king street, and well worth it!

Angel_Pow, Public Relations Manager at Swig & Swine, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

We love that you had a wonderful experience with us here at Swig & Swine! Our pitmaster Anthony has been doing this for years; it's his passion! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thoughts with us.