“Unexpected treat”

Tabbuli
Ranked #339 of 936 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 1 April 2016

I was with a large group that had finished a morning sunrise photo-shoot and we were looking for a spot for lunch. A couple members of the group had had a snack here the previous day, so we tried it. Wonderful! Everything from the gyros to the humus and the chicken skewers were first rate. Service was fabulous, and the bar tender was pretty good too.!

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

The worst Hookah and food ever. The service was mediocre at best. They had no propane so their heaters for outside were non-functional plus they couldn't make the tea cause they were out if it. The Jerusalem salad was bland and the Mai Tai was watered down. They didn't have the cushions for the outside seats out because of the rain. Even though the rain stopped I had to ask 3 times for the cushion. At first they refused to bring it out. I won't be back.

Ashley C, Public Relations Manager at Tabbuli, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Hi there,

I want to thank you for taking the time to submit your review to us. We strive to ensure that each and every customer interaction is a positive experience. It seems with this experience we really missed the mark.

I would like more information about your visit with us including if you were able to speak with a manager about your experience. What I hope to achieve from this is a learning opportunity on how our restaurant can perform better. Please email me directly with additional information to marketing@charlestonhospitalitygroup.com so I may gather some more information and follow up with you directly.

Thank you again for your candidness.

Ashley Cashon

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Great humus and small plates. Gyro was large and very, very good. One of the best I have every had. Tried the Jerusalem Salad as well. It was awesome. Felt like we had a lot of food, but still ate fairly healthy.

Service was very good. Pretty young staff, but they take pride in being professional and taking care of their customers. We were probably the oldest customers of the day being in our 50's. It seems to be a draw for a very young crowd who appear to only order a drink, small plate and smoke the Hookah's. Not great for server tips, so I think if you are ordering a normal meal, they are enthusiastic about having your table.

1  Thank CarolinaDiver
Reviewed 30 January 2016

We were happy to find Tabbuli (West, on Savannah Ave) amid a sea of fast food places. We ordered a gyro and had a falafel pita rap. Both were very good and our server Erin was cute and friendly and helped me veganize my order. Speaking of vegan, we ordered the vegan baklava and I loved it. I felt like the meal experience was 3-plus, and the baklava pushes me to 4*.

Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

We recently had dinner at this nice restaurant . The hummus and falafel were well made with tasty sauces. The dessert of baklava was warm and gooey, the best part of the meal! There is an active bar scene with live music on the weekends. The staff were friendly and attentive.