US$209
US$203
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$265/night.

US$299
  • Restaurant
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
US$239
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$347/night.

US$259
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$335/night.

Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$109
Planters Inn(Charleston)
US$249
Relais & Châteaux
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$349/night.

US$269
US$259
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$339/night.

US$219
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$294/night.

US$349
Hotels.com
US$350
All reviewsart gallerywine blendingrooftop barkessler propertieswine roomhistoric viewgreat artusb portsmarriott propertyan expensive hotelgreat boutiquesoaking tuba high end hotelevery guestfavorite hotelfitness roomgreat central location
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We stayed for one night on our way to the beach. The hotel was very hip and trendy. Check-in was quick and efficient. We had a ton of luggage (week at the beach) and the valet was quick and brought a luggage cart immediately but since he was the only valet and three cars were waiting, we had to get our own luggage, which we actually preferred anyway. The room was nice, and very well appointed. Not huge by any means but a good size with a nice sized bathroom. We settled in and went to the rooftop bar. It was June so it was oppressively hot. We were happy to see that the bar is mostly indoors and well air conditioned. You can definitely go outside but you can also stay inside. Bar staff were great and bar was very bright, hip and trendy also. We also did the wine blending class. As others have said, it was a blast. If you have time, do it. It's an experience and Peter was hilarious. We made some new friends and after the class we all went back to the rooftop for more drinks and since it was evening, we hung out outside. Again, service was great-- only downside was that we had so much fun (and libations) that we didn't really appreciate our late dinner at Magnolias but oh well. Next morning we went to breakfast at the rooftop and this was the only negative point. Service was horrible. We sat for 15 minutes with no water or coffee. Three people asked if we wanted any and we said yes all three times only to have them walk off and never come back. The water and coffee were sitting on the bar. We would have just grabbed them, but we were afraid we would have grabbed decaf by mistake. After we finally got them, we had to ankle tackle someone for refills. Our food, however, was very good when it arrived and not too expensive since they credited the free continental breakfast that came as a Marriott Rewards member. Check was very quick and efficient and the car was waiting for us without us calling down because he knew we were only staying one night-- great service. Pity about breakfast staff but would still recommend the hotel. Everyone has hiccups sometimes.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
stevespear2018, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Charleston, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you for the great review, and letting us know of the minor service issues. I have spoken to the team and we have corrected the issues, ensuring it doesn't not effect any other future customers. Safe Travels

Reviewed 13 June 2018

While evacuating from Irma we were booked into the hotel by Amex concierge only after they confirmed, at my request, that the hotel was not susceptible to the impact of the storm. Its hard to get this information while fleeing down the interstate, and my wife had seen where Marriott reservations had a notice the hotel was closed due to the storm. Amex did check and was advised that notice was in error and the hotel was fully operational.

We left at the last minute due to a massive change in the forecast so we didnt arrive until 6 am. The only person around was the midnight auditor, which should have been a clue, who checked us in and apologized for the lack of a room upgrade or gift bag. A minor issue at the time, sleep was number 1. When I went back to the front desk at 10:30 I asked where I might find a bite to eat and inquired about the room upgrade. It was then I learned the hotel was operating on "limited service", no restaurant, no housekeeping or perhaps one was available, as all of the staff had evacuated due to Irma. Not what I expected to hear. I left the desk to consider my options and listened to local media weather advisories recommending evacuating the area based on historic street flooding. Now it was clear why nobody was around.

I returned to the desk, advised them that I believed that Amex and I had been misled last evening about the storm. As I was charged the full fare and nothing was available, I inquired about a credit for the lack of amenities or services. That request was met with deadly silence. I informed them I was leaving and that my 6-hour stay in their hotel warranted some adjustment. There is much more to this story but I am weary from arguing with the editors at TripAdvisor over the content, so hopefully I havent crossed the line and offended Marriott this time.

I will take the time to say THANK YOU AMEX for being an ethics based travel provider. Some could learn from you.

Room Tip: Find an alternative
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cc7802
stevespear2018, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Charleston, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are extremely discouraged to here of your experience. This is not typical of our hotel. My only thought is that the hotel and its staff were experiencing terrible weather, and there were a lot of changes with the downtown evacuation status..

The Grand Bohemian takes these weather threats VERY seriously, and does not remain open during them. I apologize if the status of our hotel was portrayed incorrectly. We have taken multiple measures to ensure the staff is fully trained on weather threats and what to do and not do.

Please except our apologies and reach out to me directly with any questions. Safe Travels!!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Peter Demarest, sommelier and master wine blender leads you through an excellent experience of tasting and blending wines. Not only is he extremely knowledgeable, but charmed us with his stories. We've taken many wine classes before but this was definitely the best! After the tasting, we were able to create our own blend and custom label.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the 5 star review, we are thrilled that you enjoyed our wine blending... no other hotel offers this amazing state of the art amentity. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

From the booking by phone to checkout we received service beyond our expectations. Friendly knowledgeable staff. Relatively new property in a great section of town. We were on the second floor on a Friday night and heard no street or hallway noise.

Wine bar on the first floor and fun rooftop bar and restaurant. They also have a wine blending class that was a great experience, well worth the cost. Each participant creates a unique red blend and takes home a bottle with your own label.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel! I will be sure to share this review with our team. Safe travels, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We were here celebrating our friends 30th birthday, and had such an amazing time. Drinks were awesome, weather on the roof top was amazing, but the service was the best! We had Hunter as our server, and she crushed it. She was an outstanding server. Definitely will be back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank kchambers89

Thank you for you great review! We are pleased the 30th Birthday went well! We look forward to seeing you again soon!