“Charleston historic getaway”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston
Ranked #44 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We live in Charlotte, so Charleston is a great getaway trip under 3 hours. Embassy suites by Hilton is the best location to Meeting and King St. this hotel is in the original Cidal. Your sleeping in history. Great staff & Location for the value

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Daniel L, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Hi!
Thanks for taking your time to leave a kind review for out hotel.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Embassy Suites downtown Charleston. I have to say we truly are located in the heart of downtown Charleston which is within walking distance from numerous local restaurants, shops, and many other tourist attractions and we are delighted that you were able to take advantage of it. Although our hotel live in an old historic building, with continuous love and maintenance/update, we believe that the archaic charm separates us from others and makes us truly unique.
We always appreciate your honest feedback - please tell us what more we could have done for you to turn those 4 stars into 5!
Thanks for choosing us among many other hospitality choices in Charleston and we hope to see you back here again in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,991)

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Rooms were awful! Tried 3 rooms before I gave up. First room smelled like mildew. Second room had no window and felt like a cave. Third room smelled like mildew again. This hotel in is serious need of an HVAC overhaul. Dehumidifiers are probably needed as well. Smell was so bad I couldn't wait to leave. I am concerned about the air quality and the associated health risks. The A/C never really cooled the room, which probably was part to the problem with the smell. Staff was great.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jasonsO5587OM

Hi,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time out to provide feedback of your recent stay at the Embassy Suites. It is only through feedback and comments that we are able to maintain and improve the level of service we provide to our guests.

I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome, I do extend my sincerest apologies. I certainly empathize regarding the encounter you had at our hotel. We pride ourselves in delivering the very best in both quality and service for all of our customers, so for you to experience the problems that you did is unacceptable and will be addressed with the appropriate parties. But we are glad to inform you that big renovations are on the way in the year 2018 for our Embassy Suites in Charleston.

Again, I apologize for the problems you encountered throughout your stay and hope on your next visit to Charleston, you will give us another shot to make it right.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Staff and amenities were excellent. Hotel room could use some updating in decor. It is an historic hotel which was formally an army training center, but Hilton has made it into a beautiful hotel while keeping the original architecture.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Hi,
Thanks for taking your time to review our hotel.
Although our hotel is located in an old historic building, with continuous love and maintenance/update, we believe that the archaic charm separates us from others and makes us truly unique. We are glad to hear that you were able to experience the beauty of our Embassy Suites!
Thanks for choosing us and we hope to have you back with us again for your next visit to Charleston!

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My family and I were in Charleston for the weekend due to a conference meeting that my step-dad had to be at. We decided to chose this hotel. Let me just say, the exterior is amazing. It’s unique and pretty cool. A very nice shade of coral/pink with castle-like details. It was very nice. The rooms were a bit outdated and needed some TLC, but otherwise. It’s was pretty average. The Wi-Fi was alright, but could’ve been better. But the staff was great. They made us feel very welcome, and they were very helpful. So, it was a pretty OK experience!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Hi Natalie!
Thanks for taking your time to leave us such a kind review!
We are glad to hear that you and your family were able to see the beauty of our Embassy Suites! Although our hotel live in an old historic building, with continuous love and maintenance/update, we believe that the archaic charm separates us from others and makes us truly unique! And Good news! We have major renovations on the way in the year 2018! Thanks for choosing us among many other hospitality choices in downtown Charleston and we hope to see you back with us again for your next visit!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

To start we had difficulty signing in . They could not locate me as a Hilton HONORS member after 20 years+... I called Hilton Honors the next day directly, and they did not understand what the problem was with the check in.
2 days later we had a leak in the room late at night , I let staff know and asked if they could provide some kind of credit as it was outside the bedroom. I asked to speak to a manager. Was told one was not present. We got wet feet overtime we went to the bathroom!! They said I'd have to call Hilton Honors!! Horrible customer service.
I have contacted Hilton Honors in the meantime, but got no resolution and was told it may take several days.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Everett!

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay at the Embassy Suites. It is only through feedback and comments that we are able to maintain and improve the level of service we provide to our guests.

I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome, I do extend my sincerest apologies. I certainly empathize regarding the encounter you had at our hotel. We pride ourselves in delivering the very best in both quality and service for all of our customers, so for you to experience the problems that you did is unacceptable and will be addressed with the appropriate parties. Please contact our GM Donna Ford at your convenience: donna.ford@hilton.com - we would love to discuss how we can resolve this!

Have a great day.