Free cancellation until 26/07
US$229
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$258/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
US$249
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$277/night.

US$295
US$259
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$229
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$288/night.

Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$119
US$249
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$288/night.

Zero George Street(Charleston)
US$319
US$279
Zero George Street
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$350/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$265
Travelocity
Wentworth Mansion(Charleston)
US$496
US$400
US$350
2,085 results
All reviewsevening receptionoriginal citadelcooked to order breakfastmarion squarefree happy hourbrick wallbreakfast staffhistoric charlestonking streetfarmers marketwithin walking distancevalet parkingfree breakfastcocktail hourvisitor's centerlocation is greatthe breakfast area
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Rooms were awful! Tried 3 rooms before I gave up. First room smelled like mildew. Second room had no window and felt like a cave. Third room smelled like mildew again. This hotel in is serious need of an HVAC overhaul. Dehumidifiers are probably needed as well. Smell was so bad I couldn't wait to leave. I am concerned about the air quality and the associated health risks. The A/C never really cooled the room, which probably was part to the problem with the smell. Staff was great.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jasonsO5587OM
Daniel L, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Hi,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time out to provide feedback of your recent stay at the Embassy Suites. It is only through feedback and comments that we are able to maintain and improve the level of service we provide to our guests.

I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome, I do extend my sincerest apologies. I certainly empathize regarding the encounter you had at our hotel. We pride ourselves in delivering the very best in both quality and service for all of our customers, so for you to experience the problems that you did is unacceptable and will be addressed with the appropriate parties. But we are glad to inform you that big renovations are on the way in the year 2018 for our Embassy Suites in Charleston.

Again, I apologize for the problems you encountered throughout your stay and hope on your next visit to Charleston, you will give us another shot to make it right.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Staff and amenities were excellent. Hotel room could use some updating in decor. It is an historic hotel which was formally an army training center, but Hilton has made it into a beautiful hotel while keeping the original architecture.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Hi,
Thanks for taking your time to review our hotel.
Although our hotel is located in an old historic building, with continuous love and maintenance/update, we believe that the archaic charm separates us from others and makes us truly unique. We are glad to hear that you were able to experience the beauty of our Embassy Suites!
Thanks for choosing us and we hope to have you back with us again for your next visit to Charleston!

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My family and I were in Charleston for the weekend due to a conference meeting that my step-dad had to be at. We decided to chose this hotel. Let me just say, the exterior is amazing. It’s unique and pretty cool. A very nice shade of coral/pink with castle-like details. It was very nice. The rooms were a bit outdated and needed some TLC, but otherwise. It’s was pretty average. The Wi-Fi was alright, but could’ve been better. But the staff was great. They made us feel very welcome, and they were very helpful. So, it was a pretty OK experience!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Hi Natalie!
Thanks for taking your time to leave us such a kind review!
We are glad to hear that you and your family were able to see the beauty of our Embassy Suites! Although our hotel live in an old historic building, with continuous love and maintenance/update, we believe that the archaic charm separates us from others and makes us truly unique! And Good news! We have major renovations on the way in the year 2018! Thanks for choosing us among many other hospitality choices in downtown Charleston and we hope to see you back with us again for your next visit!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

To start we had difficulty signing in . They could not locate me as a Hilton HONORS member after 20 years+... I called Hilton Honors the next day directly, and they did not understand what the problem was with the check in.
2 days later we had a leak in the room late at night , I let staff know and asked if they could provide some kind of credit as it was outside the bedroom. I asked to speak to a manager. Was told one was not present. We got wet feet overtime we went to the bathroom!! They said I'd have to call Hilton Honors!! Horrible customer service.
I have contacted Hilton Honors in the meantime, but got no resolution and was told it may take several days.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Everett!

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay at the Embassy Suites. It is only through feedback and comments that we are able to maintain and improve the level of service we provide to our guests.

I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome, I do extend my sincerest apologies. I certainly empathize regarding the encounter you had at our hotel. We pride ourselves in delivering the very best in both quality and service for all of our customers, so for you to experience the problems that you did is unacceptable and will be addressed with the appropriate parties. Please contact our GM Donna Ford at your convenience: donna.ford@hilton.com - we would love to discuss how we can resolve this!

Have a great day.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Overall this is just an average hotel. Not the usual Embassy Suite. While the staff was very nice, the suite was less than expected. Several things are missing or could be better. The bed is up against one of the walls, which was very inconvenient. Not enough power outlets.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi James,

Thanks for taking your time to review our hotel.
First, we are so sorry to hear that we failed to live up to your expectations during your recent stay here with us at the Embassy Suites Charleston. Whilst this apology will regrettably not alter the outcome, we do appreciate your honest feedback as it helps us to identify and address the issues that may have gone unnoticed by our staff and management. The issues that were mentioned here will surely be brought up during our next meeting.

We apologize again and hope to have you back with us for your next visit so we can make this right for you!