Free cancellation until 26/07
US$229
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$278/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
US$249
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$282/night.

US$259
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$229
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$295/night.

Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$119
US$249
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$304/night.

Zero George Street(Charleston)
US$319
US$279
Zero George Street
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$345/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
US$265
Wentworth Mansion(Charleston)
US$400
US$350
1,210 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeaqua terracebaseball stadiumhistoric districtshuttle servicehotel shuttleashley riverrooftop barfree parkingfront desk managerdowntown areavery nice hotelper dayshort drivenice poolcomfortable roomsfolly beach
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is a very nice property - well maintained & friendly accommodating staff. This hotel is not right downtown but they do offer a shuttle service to & from downtown for $6 per day. This is a great perk along with the free parking which you can't find at a downtown hotel. We were upgraded to a water view room where the balcony overlooked the lovely courtyard, pool area, water & marina. We would definitely stay here again when we are back in the area.

Room Tip: I recommend the water view rooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cindy W
00gc, Manager at Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Cindy W,

Thank you for choosing the Charleston Marriott for your recent stay and for sharing your experience. We were pleased to read that you loved our facilities, from our rooms to the lobby, and all that downtown Charleston has to offer. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

My kids and I were in Charleston for the total solar eclipse and stayed here for several days, visiting from Texas. We ate practically all our meals from the self serve coffee shop and the bar in the lobby and loved the convenience! One mistake we made was ordering queso from the roof top bar, we should have known better, it was not what we're used to! The open parking was really important to us because we were in and out all the time. Our room had a beautiful view of the river across the street from us, make sure you request that!

Room Tip: Request river views when making your reservation.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Susan M
00gc, Manager at Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Susan,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Charleston Marriott. It was a pleasure to read we were able to meet your expectations. We work hard to make sure every guest has a comfortable and relaxing stay, and we are glad the view from your room added to your experience. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Charleston Marriott.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I just stayed at this Marriott for 2 nights for business. The property is older but fairly well cared for. My king bed was very comfortable. Overall the room was clean with the exception of the bathroom. I found long hairs on the shower wall and on the tub floor.
Additionally, there was no shower mat provided on the shower floor and those tubs are very slippery. When I used the stainless railing to get out of the shower, there were rusty screws on the handle that cut my hand. Finally, the shower water control was so loose, i was afraid that it was going to come off in my hand(Room 918).
The toilet seat has been replaced with seat that is not the same size. As a result, you slip and slide when you sit on the seat!!! These are also easy fixes but they could result in injury to guests. Come on Marriott..........fix these issues.
Otherwise, customer service at this hotel, especially the shuttle drivers, is awesome. I had business at MUSC and the shuttle took me there as well as to the downtown area. They do regular service to the "tourist" area and this is a very nice perk since it's a bit far to walk from the hotel. The concierge lounge was pretty good with very nice and friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank EmilyC123
00gc, General Manager at Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear EmilyC123,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Charleston Marriott. It’s good to know you enjoyed your overall visit and that you were impressed with the service provided by our Shuttle team. However, I am sorry for the issues you had in your bathroom and regret the inconvenience it caused. I have shared your concerns with my housekeeping as well as maintenance team to ensure your room is checked thoroughly. We value your feedback and hope the positive aspects of your visit will bring you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

A group of us came to Charleston for a Citadel football game. We had a great time from check in to leaving. The staff was so nice and friendly. Everything was very clean, The onsite dinning was amazing.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor for the best view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank 294steffanb
00gc, Manager at Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear 294steffanb,

Thank you for choosing the Charleston Marriott for the group visit to the Citadel Football game and for sharing your experience. We are pleased to read that you all loved our facilities, from our rooms to the lobby, and all that our team has to offer. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The property is very nice, with plenty of free surface parking and a bright lobby. The hotel staff was attentive and welcoming. I hate it when I have to keep going down to the desk to get my keys re-made. No, I did not even have them in a wallet - they lay on the bed all night, not around anything that would demag them. I went up the concierge lounge the next morning and could not get in, had to go all the way back down and get the key fixed. This is a pet peeve. Keys should work from the time I arrive until I check out. The concierge lounge is average Marriott fare and the morning and evening hostesses were both very customer focused. The rooms were clean but surprisingly a hot mess. The side of the dresser was damages. It looked as if a lion had swiped its claws down the side. The bathroom had only a run down shower. No hand held shower head to accommodate a woman (Marriott needs to wise up as I find this in every property that is remodeled) but at least they had a shower cap in the bathroom. Disappointing - there was black mold on the ceiling over the shower and that is just unacceptable. The location is great, but just because of the room condition, I will not return.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear cporter187,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay at the Charleston Marriott. It is our pleasure to read you had a satisfactory experience overall and that you loved the service provided by our team. However, I'm sorry for the inconvenience you had during your visit with us. We have shared your concerns with the team involved. We value your business and hope you will see us again in the future.