All reviewsthe concierge loungeparking garagefront deskheart of downtownbreakfast buffetstate housemini fridgeindoor poolomeletlobby areabusiness tripsouthern hospitalityfitness centerbeds were comfortablestaff was very friendlysouth carolinawaffles
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel would be great if you only stayed on the bottom floor. Conference and ballrooms are very nice. Once you scratch the surface, however, you realize how displeasing this hotel really is. The $14 breakfast buffet is hardly better than a standard free continental breakfast at a two star hotel. The rooms are so small you can't walk past another person. The bathrooms are even smaller. The shower is dated, the toilets make noises I didn't even know they could make, and the smell of their toiletries is not only unpleasant, but it also made me sneeze uncontrollably. Everything is old and all around not a very nice place to stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank ErinElizabeth6
Danielle B, Front Office Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear ErinElizabeth2,

While we appreciate your kind comments about our ballrooms, we regret to hear that our guest rooms were not to your satisfaction. Even though we do not have control over the actual size of our rooms, we are making plans for a rooms renovation in the future that should help to open up space and provide more comfort.

Thank you for your review and we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us in the future.

Best,

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Hotel is accessible from the street and staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is excellent. Bar is OK--typical--expensive but not badly so. Valet parking is costly but parking on one's own is quite reasonable and the garage is connected by a walk-bridge to the hotel.

Room Tip: Top floors are best. I am Marriott Gold so I had free wifi others have to decide if they wish to pay.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel is dated and the rooms show it's age. I stayed with a friend for a military ball on site at the hotel. The room was tiny and dated. I bought a sprite at the bar and I was charged 11.50 by the bartender, outrageous and the the overpriced breakfast was also terrible. I won't ever stay there again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear Tricia M,

My staff and I are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. We have shared your feedback with our food and beverage departments to address the issue of the cash bar prices and the breakfast buffet.

We are making plans for a rooms renovation sometime soon and hope that you choose to return when it's finished to see how we've improved.

Regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

This property is typical of full-service Marriotts; clean, modern, a beautiful lobby and updated rooms. A large and well-run pool and gym, and bar and restaurant. The staff was incredible. We were only in town for a short period and the staff, most especially Nicole at the front desk, answered our many questions and found us the perfect room. 4 of 4 boomerangs to demonstrate our desire to return and do it again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017

We have stayed at this Marriott many times over the last five years and have always had great service and experiences. We were significantly disappointed this time around. I had booked our room over 9 months ago for our stay over graduation weekend. I had requested two beds because we were traveling w/family. When we arrived, we were told the only room available had a full sized bed. (our reservation said 2 queens or a king, but I had written a request for the two queens). We were told they could give us two roll-away beds. When we arrived to the room, the first roll-away was delivered right away. We had to call twice to get the second one delivered. When the second one was delivered, it didn't have linens. We had to call to request the linens, but when they came they didn't bring pillows. We had to request extra towels, pillows and then blankets. Those never did arrive. The cots were extremely uncomfortable, with springs poking in our back.... then having no blankets and a shortage of pillows made it worse. The full-sized bed was also too small for two adults. I've never had a bad experience here before, but next time, we will be staying elsewhere.

We ate at the restaurant and had good service and food.

I don't know if they were just overwhelmed w/graduation or what.... but it was a disappointing stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Danielle B, Front Office Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear beachiemom,

We know that graduation is an exciting time for everyone and that many parents book their reservations far in advance to prepare for the celebration. We apologize that we were not able to accommodate your requests, as rooms with two doubles were in high demand. Your comments regarding your service and rollaway beds will be shared with the staff in order to improve our future accommodations.

We hope that your previous good experiences staying at our property will outshine the one negative experience that you had, and that you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Thank you again for your feedback and congratulations to your graduate!

Safe travels,