US$118
US$134
The 1425 Inn(Columbia)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$129
All reviewsindoor poolbreakfast attendantfootball gamecheck in was quickstaff was very friendlywaffle makerbeds were comfortableinterstate
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Excellent service and decoration. Near to restaurants, gas services, shopping. Definitely will go back to the hotel again and recommend for a family and friends. The breakfast was rich and hot and the temperature in the room was perfect.

Room Tip: Excellent services, clean and the temperature in the room are perfect
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 March 2018

On Friday, March 23, we checked in, for a weekend visit for our son's accepted student day at University of South Carolina.

After being in our room for a couple of hours, my son told my husband & I that there were bugs crawling on the sofa bed—I went to investigate—-sure enough—several small bugs crawling all over the sofa. We even looked underneath the mattress. Several bugs and casings. Every one looked just like a bedbug. All my might to not throw up. I called the front desk to let them know and tell them they needed to do something…my son could not sleep on that sofa bed. The front desk lady said she’d have to call her manager to see what she could do, since they were sold out. We never received all back—so, after an hour, I called again. Got a different guy—said he’d call back within 15-20 minutes to see what he could.

After 30 minutes of waiting for a call back, my husband & I went down to the front desk. We greeted Wayne at the front desk with a bag that had 2 of the bugs and told him we wanted a different room. He informed us he could not move us since they were sold out—-they did have rooms that guests were not in yet, but they had not arrived yet; that he had to hold those rooms until 2 AM. He refused to move us—said it the hotel’s policy to not move anyone into one of those rooms. Apparently they did not have extra mattresses either. Wayne did make several calls to see if there other hotels available; but the city was about sold out.

We might sound like unhappy customers—but while we were in the lobby, another lady with her young daughter came down and said she was leaving because her room was disgusting and looked as though it had never been cleaned. (She jokingly said we could move to her room, but that it was disgusting.) Another gentleman came down to tell Wayne that his room had roaches and mold in the bathroom—he asked that we include his room# in our complaint to the hotel. I have done this in my message to them as well. How he was managing to tough it out, is beyond me.

We did go back to our room_I called the main 800# for Country Inn & Suites—gave the supervisor the story; first she apologized; then said she never heard such a hotel policy of not giving a current hotel guest a room where another guest hadn’t arrived yet. She also tried to call Wayne to see if she could get him to move us—he never picked up the phone.

I finally found a room at a Days Inn in Lexington—bare-minimum, low-key—but it was clean, and bug-free! I couldn’t thank the hotel clerk enough for getting us in when I checked us in!

I am currently waiting for my refund from Country Inn & Suites for our weekend stay; I am also waiting for this property to refund me the cost of our stay at Days Inn, as Wayne said their property would pay. Nothing like packing up and switching hotels at Midnight! If we need to replace any of our luggage—I will be filing a claim for this as well—I’m not comfortable keeping it as it is. We did throw our pillows away that we had brought with us.

Country Inn & Suites completely ruined our planned celebratory weekend…we had planned to spend an extra day exploring the city to learn more about the city since we will be spending so much time there in the years to come.

I did speak with Ms. Hart—so called manager of this property today (after she failed to return my call yesterday or this morning—I had to call her again). She claims they brought in a pest control person to inspect the room & they found no bugs. I HIGHLY recommend someone lifts the sofa bed mattress; looks under the sofa bed...as several fell between the back of the couch & the mattress. Ms. Hart refuses to honor what Wayne stated—that they would pay for our stay at Days Inn, for the inconvenience of having to move hotels at Midnight on Friday evening. According to Ms. Hart, they will not reimburse me for my stay at Days Inn even though her employee, Wayne, stated they would. Her response? He should have not done that.
Definitely will not be staying at this location EVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: Stay Elsewhere...
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank TayRay73
SM_HotelGM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Columbia at Harbison, SC, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We are sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure a comfortable stay, and we are disappointed to hear we fell short of your expectations.

The following response is respectfully submitted. We take every step including staff training and implementing professional preventative programs to insure our guests’ comfort. First and foremost, it should be noted that this isolated incident and has been taken very seriously by the staff and management of our hotel. Comments such as yours are a very serious issue in our industry today. This is not a subject to be taken lightly and one that is acted on immediately. Although we have our hotel inspected regularly for any evidence of any pests, we also follow up immediately on any guest concern. In the case of this guest, the room was inspected thoroughly by the Commercial division of Orkin, and based on their thorough inspection, they found no evidence or signs of any type of pests in the room.

They did a thorough inspection, which included removing all items from the walls, inspecting the furniture in and out and top to bottom, as well as inspecting all the baseboards. We did speak to you about their findings and the procedure they went through. We also mentioned we could send you the inspection report and have Orkin personally contact you regarding your concerns.

We appreciate and are thankful for the concern and awareness of our travelers which would enable us to eliminate a problem immediately should it arise. We will continue to immediately act on even the slightest concern of any of our guests in this serious matter. We will also continue to support the findings of the professionals we hire to handle any pest control situations.

Please know all your comments have been well documented and will be shared accordingly with the respective teams. If you have any further concerns, we invite you to contact us at the hotel, and ask for the General Manager.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

The Pros:

- The woman who checked us in was nice. The guy in charge of breakfast was nice. Thus ends the list of professional acting staff.

- The room was mostly clean.

- Having a salt water pool was a nice surprise, though I didn't like staff coming up to the window and staring. (That's something a 5 year old would do.)

The Cons:

- The gym is horrendous. The elliptical is broken, and the free weight machine is missing all of the accessories necessary for using it.

- Extremely noisy stay stay. In the room behind us, well I guess you could say that they were loudly working on bringing more children onto the earth. In the hallway, a group of guys started talking at midnight and did not shut up for at least 30 minutes. As we were on the 2nd floor near the stairs, I am sure the front desk heard it as well.

- The powdered eggs made my wife sick on the way home.

- I felt like an unwanted guest during my visit. The cleaning staff smeared at me in the morning when I said hello. I passed who I think might be the owner, and he was rude.

Summary: I am easy to please during trips, do this is my first 1 star review. So do yourself a favor - go back through the reviews on here (including the responses from management) and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2018
Thank 09mrmarshall .
SM_HotelGM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Columbia at Harbison, SC, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.

The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service our staff strive to provide, and we apologize your stay was unsatisfactory. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention, and we will work diligently to ensure your claims are fully investigated.

We apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced for our fitness center equipment being down for repair. We have ordered the necessary parts for the equipment to be operational in the coming week.

We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize that fellow guests caused any inconveniences during your stay. Should you have any concerns during your stay, please discuss them with any of our employees, so we can address any concerns that may impact your stay.

Your feedback was shared with our team, and we hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I checked out TA first and this place seemed fine. But when we checked in on Sat Feb 17-18 the man in the room next door told my 39 old son that if they get too noisy to let him know. it was loud but being it was a suite my son put his 7 and 10 year old girls in the room with the fold out sleeper. something woke me up about 3:30 in the morning and I saw the girls had climbed into bed with their Dad. I opened the door to go down stairs as once awake I couldn't go back to sleep. The room across from me was wide open and the people in it were all backed up to leave. I went to the elevator and saw the broken picture and what I thought was glass but was plastic on the floor, there was also blood in the elevator. Down stairs a worker told me he was called in to clean up and that there had been 11 police cars there to stop the fighting that was going on on the 3rd floor (our) floor and the second floor. I kept my mouth shut. I called the General Manager, Katina Hart on the following Monday morning who said she was aware of the problems, I told her my grand daughters should not have been scared as they were, Katrina said she would adjust the room rate. I got my credit card bill and there was NO adjustment.

Room Tip: go some place else
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
SM_HotelGM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Columbia at Harbison, SC, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.

Our goal is to ensure a comfortable stay, and we are disappointed to hear we fell short of your expectations. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention, and we will work diligently to ensure your claims are fully investigated.

It is unfortunate when situations like this arise, and we are saddened to learn about your experience and your expressed dissatisfaction with our response. We can assure you our team member took immediate action to ensure the safety of all our guests.

Your feedback is extremely important to us, and we would like to hear more from you regarding your visit. As your reservation is not linked to TripAdvisor, we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay further, however, I do want to assure you that your comments were heard. We invite you to contact us directly at the hotel and ask for the General Manager.

Please know all your comments have been well documented and will be shared accordingly with the respective teams. We hope you will give us another chance in your traveling future.