“Excellent food, but mixed signals ”
Review of Ristorante Divino

Ristorante Divino
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Divino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 1,085 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Ristorante Divino is an upscale restaurant featuring Northern Italian recipes, an extensive winelist and cocktail program, paired with the Southern hospitality that locals and visitors have come to expect from Columbia.
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I dined here a few weeks ago, the food was excellent, I had the seafood special and she had the seafood pasta dish. Our waiter made an excellent choice for wine and the service was great. The only knock would be the wait staff would be better suited with uniforms or standard dress and the other workers should have the same. While this may seem small it does send mixed signals when everyone is dressed differently and some even wearing shorts and flip flops.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 20 May 2018

Service was excellent. Food was excellent. They had winemakers from Italy the night we were there and we were able to taste their wines. Loved the Cortese and had it with the PEI muscles. Perfect pairing. My husband had the calamari which was also one of the best he's ever had. Came with both marinara sauce and pesto, and the pesto was incredible. We had the duck and the bolognese with wild boar for our entrees and they were outstanding. I ordered the blueberry creme brulee for dessert and this was the only downside - the sugar on top was torched too long and it was burned and tasted burned. I should have tried the tirimisu instead. Other than that, this is an excellent restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Call at noontime to make reservations for 6:30 pm. Call again at 4:00 pm as I had not heard back. Talked to some guy who said it would be fine. Asked why nobody called back and was told hostess usually does that when she comes in around 4 pm. Get a voicemail at 5:54 pm from Carter informing me that they can't take us until 8:30 pm or maybe 9 pm. Get another voicemail at 6:49 pm-"Hey this is Congressman Peter bennett(?) I was just calling to see if you're still coming tonight You can give us a call back at 803-799-4550 and earlier you can my first message because I didn't realize that you'd already talked to somebody but you could just call us back and let us know." My wife said this has happened before with reservations she has made.This is a very poor reflection on this restaurant and we certainly won't go back.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank tomc12
TrentonA16, General Manager at Ristorante Divino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

I apologize for your experience you had making reservations at our restaurant. I cannot speak for the phone call when the person addressed themselves as Congressman Peter Bennett, but we normally pride ourselves on our handling of reservations and have had few (if any) issues in the past. If you allow us, we would love to make this very bizarre experience up to you. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Recently on a business trip to Columbia, SC my travel partner and I happened upon some former co workers. We ended up at this local dive. I don't remember much about the food because we were so busy catching up. I did have the maltagliati.... it was deliciously light and satisfying...hand-torn pasta, oven roasted tomatoes, arugula, garlic Pinot Grigio broth. I would love to try this place again and will. The ambience was very nice and the service was spectacular. It was a comfortably special and relaxing evening. Nice enough to feel special but not starchy or uncomfortable.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Had a bad meal here about 5 years ago, but decided to give it another try. Expectations were high, but we were totally underwhelmed again.

Food was good, but not great. Service was lacking. Disappeared for long periods. Not a good experience again...

Many better places in town.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Dale M
Brian H, General Manager at Ristorante Divino, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Hello Dale, My name is Damian, I looked up your reservation and it looks like you were with us on the 10th of February. I am very sorry to hear about your experiences. I have recently taken over GM position and my main focus is service and guest experiences. Please if you have time to call me here at the restaurant 803-799-4550, I would love to speak with you.

Been to Ristorante Divino? Share your experiences!