“Comfortable overnight stay”

Quality Inn Harbison Area
Ranked #70 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Checked in during the Masters Tournament in relatively nearby Augusta, when hotel prices were elevated to handle the crowds. This was the cheapest of the decent hotels in the area for the night. I wasn't feeling well, so it was a last-minute stop to allow me to get some sleep in a reasonably quiet location before my business meeting the next morning about 25 miles away. The room was a king bed on the first floor near the office.

It was reasonably spacious, with a nightstand on each side of the bed, chair and lamp in one corner, work desk and office-style chair near the door, mini fridge and microwave in the dresser/TV stand combo. Sink was separate outside the bathroom, which had your standard tub/shower combo and toilet. From what I could tell, the room was fairly clean with no disgusting smells or other problems. The desk chair was either broken or not adjustable, and the height was low enough I couldn't have worked at the table even if I had felt like it. The bed was reasonably comfortable and the room was quiet, so I slept for a few hours before getting something to eat. One other thing to note is that the ice machine near my room wasn't working, so I had to ask where the other machine was and go there.

Breakfast in the morning was a hot expanded continental menu, with biscuits and slightly watery gravy, plus some tasteless eggs as hot entrees. Make-your-own waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, pastries and such rounded out the offering. It certainly wasn't gourmet fare, but was at least filling if you could get past the lack of taste on the eggs (why doesn't every hotel with lousy eggs at least put out some fresh salsa and a couple other basic toppings like cheese or veggies or ham?). If the breakfast isn't to your liking, there is a Waffle House within a very short walk.

Staff was friendly and helpful, price was good ($80) for a basic room on that night in that area, room was reasonably comfortable. I'd stay again, given similar circumstances.

Room Tip: Hotel is two buildings, and one side faces interstate nearby. If mild road noise bothers you, ask fo...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Harbison Area

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I along with two friends went to Columbia SC to see the minor league baseball team, Columbia Fireflies and Tim Tebow play on their opening weekend. Since we are choice hotel members, we booked at the quality inn level. Location was very convenient to the interstate which made it easy to head back to TN. Rooms were clean and if you stay on the second floor it was very quiet. Will stay there again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

The
Guy at front desk very enthusiastic and helpful - made good first impression. We got a room with refrigerator and microwave. But microwave was not working. The guy from front desk resolved that quickly by replacing it. Room had an air purifier in it, which drowned out any outside nice. Room comfortable and clean. It had Good bed, but room dark. Most of Staff very helpful and enthusiastic. The only big disappointment was the breakfast. Breakfast room was in the middle of remodel and very messy. They tried to sell up for a hot meal, but warmers were off or turned way down. Coffee was cold and diluted. Fortunately they had a microwave there to warm things up, but unfortunately the markings were worn off which made for some trial and error getting it to work. They improved a little each day, but still by third day some stuff was still cold. Staff was very responsive and helpful when things were brought to attention, but correcting things takes time. We were hoping they would eventually get ahead of things.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Black mold everywhere and nasty room. Very disappointed. Water didn't turn on tub was dirty and sink had dust everywhere. Tub didn't have stoper tv didn't work paid too much for bad service. Breakfast was cold and nasty we will never use them again!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

The rooms at this hotel are very clean and comfortable. The staff is amazingly friendly and very very helpful. I stayed here for a week and my work had me stuck across timelines and I was unable to get back to pay my nightly rent. I called and spoke with management and they made arrangements so I could pay when I got back. It was a frustrating situation for me and I was afraid I was going to lose all my things but they were kind and friendly and helped me out. Every morning when I would go get breakfast they would always greet me with a smile. And the housekeeping woman there is amazingly sweet and very kind. They have laundry and this is convenient because it is outside and not locked I work 3rd Shift so it worked out very nice. And this is silly but something I also enjoy it they have a type of soda in the vending machine that I really like so much that it is now sold out because I was getting 4 or 5 cans of it a day. LOL I would recommend I stay here to anyone and I will definitely come back.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
0.7 km away
18.6 km away
Quality Inn Fort Jackson
Quality Inn Fort Jackson
#55 of 94 in Columbia

Been to Quality Inn Harbison Area? Share your experiences!