“Hijacked out of room.”

Quality Inn Harbison Area
Ranked #70 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 14 August 2017

For the most part, the room had a funny smell that was not of cigarettes. The building itself needed a HGTV overhaul, I could not believe a Choice hotel chain hotel was in such a condition.

Now the "T", we checked in the rooms for 2 nights, we left out to go visiting, we came back to the room and the card would not open the door...the door opened up by itself and there was someone else occupying our room, these idiots rented our room to someone else and packed up our things and put them in the office in plastic bags!! Why would we leave our things in the room if we were not coming back? They were informed that morning to leave fresh towels, which we received before we left and not to clean the room, if there was a problem about a 2nd day pay, WHY did they not address it.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Harbison Area

Reviewed 9 August 2017

the room was not the best. it just didn't look really clean. it was not nasty but we will not stay again. the location and the price was good but you get what you pay for. the staff were friendly. again it was not really bad but it was not all that good.

Room Tip: no real tip
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I called about 30 min.away, made reservations, gave my visa to hold it. Drove to their location and they told me they didn't have rooms. They said the ones I talked to was at another location wasn't and they didn't know they had filled all their rooms. Not really rating the Motel but the reservation system. I think they need to upgrade it.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Checked in during the Masters Tournament in relatively nearby Augusta, when hotel prices were elevated to handle the crowds. This was the cheapest of the decent hotels in the area for the night. I wasn't feeling well, so it was a last-minute stop to allow me to get some sleep in a reasonably quiet location before my business meeting the next morning about 25 miles away. The room was a king bed on the first floor near the office.

It was reasonably spacious, with a nightstand on each side of the bed, chair and lamp in one corner, work desk and office-style chair near the door, mini fridge and microwave in the dresser/TV stand combo. Sink was separate outside the bathroom, which had your standard tub/shower combo and toilet. From what I could tell, the room was fairly clean with no disgusting smells or other problems. The desk chair was either broken or not adjustable, and the height was low enough I couldn't have worked at the table even if I had felt like it. The bed was reasonably comfortable and the room was quiet, so I slept for a few hours before getting something to eat. One other thing to note is that the ice machine near my room wasn't working, so I had to ask where the other machine was and go there.

Breakfast in the morning was a hot expanded continental menu, with biscuits and slightly watery gravy, plus some tasteless eggs as hot entrees. Make-your-own waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, pastries and such rounded out the offering. It certainly wasn't gourmet fare, but was at least filling if you could get past the lack of taste on the eggs (why doesn't every hotel with lousy eggs at least put out some fresh salsa and a couple other basic toppings like cheese or veggies or ham?). If the breakfast isn't to your liking, there is a Waffle House within a very short walk.

Staff was friendly and helpful, price was good ($80) for a basic room on that night in that area, room was reasonably comfortable. I'd stay again, given similar circumstances.

Room Tip: Hotel is two buildings, and one side faces interstate nearby. If mild road noise bothers you, ask fo...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I along with two friends went to Columbia SC to see the minor league baseball team, Columbia Fireflies and Tim Tebow play on their opening weekend. Since we are choice hotel members, we booked at the quality inn level. Location was very convenient to the interstate which made it easy to head back to TN. Rooms were clean and if you stay on the second floor it was very quiet. Will stay there again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
1.3 km away
18.6 km away
Quality Inn Fort Jackson
Quality Inn Fort Jackson
#55 of 94 in Columbia

Been to Quality Inn Harbison Area? Share your experiences!