“Peaceful!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Gen E
“Mixed Feelings”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Definitely fits description of an old country home. I enjoyed the floor plan of the house, and the privacy of the area. My favorite area is the living room with the bay windows looking into the backyard. With a lot of tender love and care, this place could get 4 or 5 stars.

My issue is with the cleanliness, maintenance, and overall upkeep. It definitely requires a lot more attention than what has been given. Upon arrival, the front door bolt was jammed and would not turn, so we had to enter through the backdoor. The shower faucet in the bathtub is encrusted. The bedding and furniture had lived-in stains. The floors had not been mopped. What I enjoyed the least were the cockroaches. One crawled on me while I slept and greeted me by the headboard in the morning. There were also a few found in the kitchen area.

Personally, if this were my own family's vacation home, I'd be more understanding of the stains, maintenance level, and cleanliness, but as a vacation rental, considering the price I expected a higher level of maintenance when it came to those things.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Private dock access
Liked least: Cockroaches
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
29 Sep 2014
This property is a wonderful getaway. Thank you for your response and know that the property manager has taken action on this home. We value our customers concerns and hope that you will allow Edisto Realty to help you with your next vacation on Edisto.
NC
Reviewed 12 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Talk to the Manager
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing