“Pool advertised but no pool since 2013”

Tree Top Inn Florence
Tree Top Inn Florence
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 4 September 2017

The rooms were big, comfortable, with all necessary facilities and old fashioned, which is how we like it. The wash basin was away from the bedroom area with a separate large bathroom. Breakfast was not provided, however, guests could help themselves to tea and coffee in the reception area.
Our biggest disappointment was the non-existent pool – the main reason why we booked this motel, for the day before the eclipse. On booking.com’s listing, paragraph 3 clearly states “Enjoy an outdoor pool at the pet-friendly Treetop Inn”. This is not true! In a guest review the lack of pool is noted: review: 9 Aug 2015 ‘They still advertise that they have a pool but it's filled in with dirt and being used as a garden.’ Bizarrely, a review 2 months later noted: 6 Oct 2015 ‘Has pool and jacuzzi’, written by someone from S Carolina – has this review been verified?
The lady at reception said the pool had been gone a year ago! BUT I checked on Google Earth and satellite pictures show no pool since at least 2013!

Stayed: August 2017

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the Great Eclipse of 2017 as it was the only room available for miles. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the motel is run down and in poor repair. We awoke the next morning with multiple bed bug bites that grew in number over the following days. Would avoid this motel at all costs!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 25 August 2017

I stayed there two nights ago and didn't notice until I got home, to Florida, that I had left the power cord to my laptop in my room. When I called, I had to call five times before someone would answer. When they did answer, I told the gentleman that answered what had happened and he transferred me to housekeeping. All housekeeping said was we didn't find it and immediately hang up the phone. I understood that I was probably not going to get it back, but it is very poor service to hang up on someone.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

There's nothing wrong with this place a cheap place to sleep out in the middle of no where ..I think the reviews for this place are from people expecting a 5 star place which they don't claim to be ...room was clean and had everything one needs

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2016

sign says all rooms $39.95 so I guess you get what you pay for.but I paid $66.they were price gauging because of the hurricane.i wouldn't have stayed there if I could've gotten a room else where .pulled the top cover off the bed & the blanket was full of cigarette burns & even on the bathtub.horrible smell in the room.this place should be torn down

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo