Quality Inn St. Helena(Saint Helena Island)
Free cancellation until 27/07
City Loft Hotel(Beaufort)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$159
US$154
The Beaufort Inn(Beaufort)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Orbitz.com
US$72
US$69
QualityInn
All reviewsnature preservebeach clubfamily vacationride bikesnice golfactivity centerbeautiful islandamenity cardocean pointdolphin cruisesecurity gatepoolstenniscabanabeaufortalligatorsvrbo
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I have been trying to voice my concerns and dismay for recent rental I paid for and rented through FRIPP ISLAND RESORT. I have been visiting FRIPP since 2006 and I can honestly say this is the first time I have been disappointed with the rental. I truly enjoyed this being the place I chose for vacation, but after my recent visit i am not too sure i will return, if I do I will think again about renting through FRIPP. The unit clearly was not prepared for rental. I understand that the outside area suffered damage from the hurricane, which in understandable, but none of that was mentioned to me upon booking. The outside pool area was closed and the gate was destroyed. Which again is understandable, but knowing that maybe i should have been offered or told when booking in case i would have wanted to rent elsewhere on the island? It seems as if the that area took the hardest hit as well, which i also did not know.
In any case, upon arriving and trying to enter the unit at 9;30 in the evening, after a 14 hour drive, the pin code did not work. I had to search for someone to call since i was given little information upon checking in. The porch area was full or debris and even two nails laying on the porch.
Upon entering the unit, the carpet was so dirty! Clearly need to be cleaned or gotten rid of. The coffee table in the unit had no glass top. The sliding glass doors where locked with a piece of wood, and the lock itself was broke and rusted. The blind cord was broke making the blinds very difficult to shut. Metal shars were outside on the patio. I am not too sure where they came from and I did take a picture and leave for housekeeping, after i stepped on it. The can opener in the kitchen was all rusted and old and should have been replaced or removed. Garbage can lid was broken. Upstairs, there was no handle to close shower door once inside. The light in the shower was not working. Go to take a shower and water was not going down, only to pull out a huge amount of hair, that we also have photo of. Disgusting! to end this I go to vacuum to clean up a bit, and the vacuum sprays out dust all over me! I am just completely unsettled that this all happened, especially since it all could have been avoided had someone paid attention to the unit. All mentioned are all minor housekeeping issues. But, to come to an island like Fripp and have to walk into something like this is just disappointing to me. I worked hard all year to pay for this vacation and to walk into a place that had all this issues, is just disappointing.

I called Monday and spoke with Ashley who couldn't do anything. She said she would let her property manager know. It was not until Tuesday at around 3:30 that MISTY called me. I gave her my list and she stated she would let maintenance know. They would call me before they came. MISTY offered me $100 Fripp amenity dollars and I was OK with that at time because I thought someone was actually going to come and check the place out. No one did anything.

I have called since i left. Two times, spoke with TASHA, whom made the reservation. I asked her to have Misty call me back as i am not happy with my stay at FRIPP. This was Two weeks ago. No return calls. I tried again today and got Tasha whom transferred me again and it the line did was ring out. I could not even leave a message. I have emailed GUEST SERVICES and still no acknowledgement.
I really hate to say negative things about FRIPP but this situation and lack of acknowledgment to my issues makes me not to never go back there.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Amy M
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

This villa was beautiful. On the marsh. Very comfortable beds. All utensils you need to cook with. Made pizzas, baked blueberry muffins, cooked almost every night. Very clean and beautiful decorative. Me and my husband stayed with my son and his family, 6 all together, housed us all very comfortable. Only bad comment is and I think about all rooms on island have climate controlled heating and air. 72 lowest it will let you go in summer and 69° highest let you go in winter. The only cool place to sleep is in living room. Upstairs bedroom and master bedroom too warm. Upstairs felt like 85°. We didn't sleep well due to this. Would gave 5 star rating if wasn't for this. I think if you pay 2000 dollars for week, should at least be able to stay comfortable. Love Fripp island, but don't know if illegal come back due to hot and uncomfortable sleeping.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandra P
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Family Reunion with 3 families coming to the resort for spring break.
First experience is the Gate Women Nazi whom treated the 4 cars from 3 families very rudely and unwelcoming. She had tremendous difficultly with more then one car that enter the resort at different times not allowing my Wife and Daughter in because my daughter was driving while wife was on the list. Same last name come on. Gate Nazi caused hard time when we tried to rent paddle boards and kayaks from off site location.
Worst is the Security Force/Police that is a complete small town force with a Chief, Captains... How is that funded you ask. Well they send their young go getters out at night to ticket whomever for whatever. My 17 year old daughter was ticketed for $200 for reckless driving because she panicked after seeing all the other golf carts pulled over being ticketing and hit the brakes too hard. The security officer came to the house to present the ticket and after a family member questioned the ticket and the intent had his supervisor about ready to arrest my adult sister. This security force has way too much policing power in the state of SC.

Positives where the golf course employees were more then friendly and accommodating. Island was well maintained but was dated for sure.

When you do anything they require your official island cards which I find funny since there is so much security at the gate. Just to eat at a restuarant you must present you cards, who wants to worry about carry those on vacation.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay at Fripp Island there are better chooses for your money and they do not want you
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank TruthISTold
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We had a vacation planned for Hilton Head Island but the house we had rented two and a half months earlier was taken out of the rental program 2 hours before checking. We were able to find a home on Fripp Island and could not be more happy about this vacation. Great for a family or couples get away.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris S
Fripp_Island_Resort, Manager at Fripp Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Chris,
Thank you for the review! We're so glad you found us and had a great vacation. We hope that you'll plan another visit to Fripp Island Resort in the future!

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Second time to Fripp Island, I love how limited the commercialization is. Don't expect any chain restaurants or any souvenir chains. I love the controlled and secure environment here, I couldn't live here but very nice to vacation here.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank clintbo
Fripp_Island_Resort, Manager at Fripp Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

We're glad you enjoyed your second trip here! Hope to have you back again soon!